Reasons To Love Twitter

I love Twitter. I’m putting this out there straight away.

In this modern age, you can’t go anywhere without social media being present. Anyone who is anyone has a Facebook account and most people these days have Twitter, Instagram or Snapchat. It’s just a way of life and it’s worrying to say, that despite being in my mid-thirties, I can barely remember what life was like before it.

I’ve spoken before about my love/hate relationship with Facebook. More recently I am spending less and less time on there. I have an account because I need one for my Facebook Blog Page, but if I’m being completely honest, if I didn’t need it for that, I would probably have deactivated it by now. But I’m not here to write about Facebook. I’m here to tell you why I love Twitter.

Twitter And I

My first Twitter account was created back in 2009. I really didn’t get it at first and it’s fair to say, most people don’t. The majority of people come from Facebook and it’s safe to say that it’s a far faster pace than Facebook. Not forgetting back in the day, you only had 140 characters to say something, which is a lot different to the unlimited space on a Facebook status.

I soon got the hang of it. Once I had ‘befriended’ a group of people who helped me get some followers, the rest is really history. I have stayed with Twitter since then and I have never left. There was an occasion that I had to get a different account after a few years (for reasons we won’t go into!) and had several Twitter handles, but my presence has remained and I have stayed loyal.

I love Twitter because it’s somewhere to go when you feel like saying something to someone but there’s no-one there with you to say it to. I love Twitter because it’s a great place for one-liners. I love Twitter because it’s so on the pulse with up-to-date news and information. I love Twitter because there is always someone around to chat to! I love Twitter when I’m watching TV and feel like putting my thoughts out there. It’s always interesting to get others views and opinions.

I could go on for hours. But, you get the gist of this. I love Twitter.

Reasons To Love Twitter

Why Is Twitter So Great?

I know why I love Twitter, but I wanted to find out the reasons why other people love Twitter. Here’s what they had to say.

Laura – Five Little Doves: “love that I can easily waste a whole hour of my life scrolling through random hashtags and postpone having to deal with reality!”

SophieSoph-obsessed: “I love that it’s quick paced and not too serious! I enjoy jumping on when I can but don’t feel like it’s a big drama if I miss anything!”

EvaCaptain Bobcat: “People tell you as it is. For some reason, I find twitter folks more honest and outspoken as opposed to Facebook where everything gets an extra layer of shimmer and Instagram, which has really nothing to do with reality anymore.”

JennieEdspire: “The emotional support, finding people who have a similar story or journey to your own, someone to talk to when home alone, Twitter saved my life when my daughter died. My husband dealt with his grief by sleeping and I talked to people on Twitter, people who talked and responded day and night.”

JennieRice cakes and Raisins: “It took me a while to navigate my way around Twitter at first but now I love how instant it is and how accessible companies, people and places on there can be! Plus sometimes reading the tweets around a funny hashtag can amuse me for hours!”

BennieDaddy Poppins: “It’s quick-fire wit and instant interaction with all corners. I talk with regular online friends and meet new exciting people on a daily basis. Plus it just makes me laugh. There’s so much dark, dry and obscure humour on there. Top notch all around.”

FranWhinge Whinge Wine: “How you can get tweeted back by a celeb and it’s no big thing. Everyone is on Twitter, and you can tweet anyone. I LOVE how Ocado will refund me crap apples from a singular tweet.”

We All Love Twitter

So you see. There is a multitude of reasons to love Twitter. From the hilariously ridiculous to the tremendously serious. Twitter has a purpose for most of its users and that’s why we go back every day.

I view Twitter like this. It’s one huge, massive, ginormous room that I just walked in to. The room is full of people and it’s busy – really busy. So many people are talking. Some are laughing and some are arguing. Others are just stood listening and observing. I can just walk around that room and stop in at any conversation or just walk on by if I don’t feel like talking today. I can just be one of those quiet ones if that’s how the mood takes me. But I’m not missing out because at least I’m still there. No one is judging me because I can’t be bothered to take part.

I can leave whenever I want and because the room is open all day every day, I am welcome back at any time. It’s an open return.

And keep going back I will. For now and for the foreseeable future. If you’re ever there, stop by and say hello. You’ll find me at @jakijellz. I look forward to chatting with you soon.

Do you love Twitter? Tell me why in the comments!

Many thanks to the bloggers that contributed to this post – you’re all stars!

linky badge-2

You Might Also Like

Previous Story
Next Story

34 Comment

1. Reply
    Karen Dennis
    5th February 2018 at 10:45 am

I am relivitlly new to Twitter, but am loving it already #familyfun@_karendennis

2. Reply
    bamauthor
    5th February 2018 at 3:36 pm

I love Twitter because it’s fast and direct. It eliminates a lot of the fluff that I don’t want to read. @bamauthor

3. Reply
    oldhouseintheshires
    5th February 2018 at 6:48 pm

I joined Twitter in April last year and I absolutely love it! I have a very ‘Do it nowwww” character so it’s pace definateky appeals to me! Most followers stay too not like Instagram who follow and then bugger off! Agree to all your points, #familyfun

4. Reply
    CaptainKirt
    5th February 2018 at 6:48 pm

I’ve been on Twitter since 2007 and it’s still my go to social media platform. I’ve always enjoyed my time on there and I too get fed up easily with Facebook.

5. Reply
    Bronwyn Marcus
    5th February 2018 at 7:14 pm

Its a great way to generate traffic to your website , its quick and easy to use for us busy moms! I find it a great way to follow celebrities news and politics as posts are short and to the point! #anythinggoes

6. Reply
    passion fruit, paws and peonies
    6th February 2018 at 7:50 am

I love twitter and I feel I’ve made some real connections on there. Crazy how the odd comment here and there really adds up to a real fondness x

7. Reply
    Ellen
    6th February 2018 at 9:11 am

I do like Twitter but no more so or less than any other social platform for the simple reason it allows me to connect to some beautiful and helpful people. Alas there are others that lead such sad lives they take a great tool and use it for destruction. If I get a whiff of harassment or people being rude to me, I immediately block them. Life is too short to waste time on those who seek to harm!

Ellen x

8. Reply
    Sim @ Simslife.co.uk
    6th February 2018 at 9:48 am

I seriously don’t use Twitter as much as I should – it’s a fantastic social media platform to generate traffic and have a chat. I need to spend more time on it! Sim xx #TriumphantTales

9. Reply
    thewillowtree1
    6th February 2018 at 9:52 am

Ok i feel like I am missing out with Twitter – I’ve barely got any followers and I just cannot get my head around it! I think I need to spend some time on it – thanks for sharing the love! #TriumphantTales

10. Reply
    RainbowsR2Beautiful (@rainbowsaretoo)
    6th February 2018 at 12:17 pm

I do, but I think sometimes I’m a bit of a slave to it! :-/ #triumphanttales

11. Reply
    Becki Svare
    6th February 2018 at 12:45 pm

I have a love/hate relationship with Twitter! I haven’t really taken the time to “figure it out,” so it mostly confuses me 🙁 #TriumphantTales

12. Reply
    Zoe
    6th February 2018 at 1:06 pm

I do love a bit of Twitter and can lose a an hour over there easily! #triumphanttales

13. Reply
    Sarah
    6th February 2018 at 2:18 pm

I used to love and use Twitter so much, but recently I feel like I just haven’t had a chance! I’m trying to fall back in love with it again!

14. Reply
    magicalmamablog
    6th February 2018 at 3:20 pm

I have not taken the dive into twitter yet, but this makes it sound so promising! I tried a few years ago and gave up after a day or two. Perhaps that can be my next big blogging goal! Thank you for sharing!

15. Reply
    franbackwithabump
    6th February 2018 at 3:49 pm

I must admit I’ve fallen out of love with Twitter and rarely use it. Maybe its my simple mind and pictures just being easier to digest! Thanks for hosting #triumphanttales

16. Reply
    pinkiebag
    6th February 2018 at 4:28 pm

Hi, I love Twitter it’s a great social media platform and a great referral source for blogs. I also find it a great way to discover new foods to try #TriumpantTales

17. Reply
    Patrick Weseman
    6th February 2018 at 6:45 pm

I love Twitter. I get news and traffic updates super fast. #Triumphant Tales.

18. Reply
    oldhouseintheshires
    6th February 2018 at 7:07 pm

Back with #triumphanttales

19. Reply
    mightymamabear2017
    6th February 2018 at 8:44 pm

I was always a Facebook girl until I joined up to twitter in July last year. Now I find, like you, I’m rarely using Facebook at all! #anythinggoes

20. Reply
    Bec
    6th February 2018 at 8:54 pm

I am learning to love Twitter but it is a slow process for me. I can now navigate it… that took forever as I kept bouncing back to FB. I shall endeavour to try harder! Than you for sharing. x

21. Reply
    talesoftwochildren
    6th February 2018 at 9:58 pm

I get what you are saying. It took me quite some time, and I still struggle with the idea that it’s okay to jump into conversations, but I’m getting there. Definitely prefer Twitter to Facebook. Great post.

22. Reply
    The Muddled Mum
    6th February 2018 at 11:45 pm

It has taken me a loooong while to get Twitter but I am starting to really love it #TriumphantTales

23. Reply
    Amy - the rolling baby
    7th February 2018 at 8:29 am

I love it too. Most companies will instantly respond to you if you contact them via Twitter and there’s always someone somewhere to speak to #Triumphanttales

24. Reply
    WelshMumWriting
    7th February 2018 at 12:47 pm

I love Twitter. I’ve made so many online friends through it, from writers to bloggers. It forces people to be brief which is something I personally struggle with! I once heard someone say that Facebook is for your friends, and Twitter is for the people you wish were your friends. #TriumphantTales

25. Reply
    Kate on thin ice (@kateonthinice)
    7th February 2018 at 6:11 pm

Twitter used to be my favourite social network but I do wish there was less promotional stuff on it this day whilst being well-aware I use it for promotion too. Facebook is now my favourite I think purely because it has helped me connect with old friends. I wonder what is coming next? #TriumphantTales

26. Reply
    csuhpat1
    8th February 2018 at 2:59 am

It is where I can get my news and commute info quick.

27. Reply
    Alana - Burnished Chaos
    9th February 2018 at 6:44 am

I love Twitter, it’s the only social media I actually ‘get’
    Thank you for joining #FamilyFunLinky x

28. Reply
    Lisa Pomerantz
    9th February 2018 at 10:24 am

Who doesn’t love a good one-liner? Twitter is awesome, I do agree! xoxo #Triumphanttales xoxo

29. Reply
    Musings of a tired mummy...zzz...
    9th February 2018 at 10:15 pm

I’ve been on Twitter for a year and only got an account because of my blog. I LOVE it! Thanks for linking up to #globalblogging

1. Reply
      Musings of a tired mummy...zzz...
      9th February 2018 at 10:18 pm

#triumphanttales, sorry I pressed the wrong paste button!

30. Reply
    Jo - Pickle & Poppet
    9th February 2018 at 10:45 pm

I really need to focus on Twitter. I think sometimes I feel like I’m just shouting in a large room and no one can hear me. It is one of my goals for this year, I really want to use it more! #TriumphantTales

31. Reply
    Mel - Life At Number Eleven
    10th February 2018 at 1:05 pm

Twitter is the first place I go to if I hear about some news breaking. I pop on there to see how much validity there is to it by how much reach it has received. #FamilyFun

32. Reply
    The Queen of Collage
    10th February 2018 at 1:46 pm

When I first joined I was clueless but after reading a little more about it I started enjoying it increasingly more. #FamilyFunLinky

33. Reply
    Folakemi
    11th February 2018 at 8:06 pm

I joined Twitter way too late and just never got the hang of it like I did Facebook and Twitter. I’ll try to use it more often but then I hardly have any followers:-) #triumphanttales