A while back, the lovely Laura over at loopyloulaura.com tagged me in this fun little tag. 10 Things That Make Me Happy. Life has been a tad busy of late with holidays and busy weekends, so my apologies that I’ve only just got around to doing this. But what better way to start the week than focusing on the things that make me happy!
Let’s dive right in!
- MY FAMILY – Of course it goes without saying. My family are the top of my list. They’re number one. Without them, I am nothing. I am very lucky to have a close family. My husband. My gorgeous little boy, and of course my parents and my Sister. They all mean the world to me and I am so grateful to have them in my life.
- MUSIC – Quite possibly my first love. I grew up from a very early age listening to all kinds of music. If ever I am having a bad day, my favourite songs always put me in a better mood. Music for me is an instant pick me up. I’ve written a couple of blog posts on my music taste in the past. These include 10 Songs That Make Me Happy and the 30 Day Song Challenge. My music taste is varied and diverse, to say the least!
- A GOOD HAIR AND MAKEUP DAY – This may sound superficial, but I don’t really care. We all have days where we just don’t feel brilliant about ourselves, so when a day comes along where the hair is looking good and the makeup went on like a dream, I feel so much better about myself. I feel more confident and ready to take on what the day has in store for me.
- HOLIDAYS – Well this goes without saying. We all love a break away and time with our nearest and dearest. It’s even better when the weather is on your side. It’s so important to have a break every now and again. We all need it to recharge and take stock. We try and get away at least once a year with a couple of long weekend’s if we are lucky. There’s nothing like a road trip and a change of scenery.
- A SUNNY DAY – This kind of ties in with holidays, but even just waking up on a Monday morning, if the sun is shining and it promises to be a beautiful day – this instantly puts me in a better mood. How can it not?! Leaving the house without a jacket and just flip flops on your feet, Monday can throw anything at me, if it’s sunny, I can usually manage!
- RAIN ON THE WINDOW AT NIGHT TIME – Whilst I love a sunny day as much as the rest, there is nothing I love more than listening to the sound of the rain when I am going to sleep at night. I’ve struggled to sleep at times in the past and just recently I found that listening to the rain helps. I downloaded an app that has various different rain sounds on a timer, and I no longer have trouble. Bliss.
- CHINESE FOOD – I love Chinese food. Friday night is takeaway night in our house and I always look forward to this weekly treat. I swear it would be my last meal if I ever had to choose!
- FEELING APPRECIATED – There is nothing nicer than someone showing their gratitude or appreciating you for something you have done or achieved. It’s the best feel good feeling you can get. A pat on the back is always nicely received and to feel wanted too. That makes me happy.
- TIME BY MYSELF – Whilst I love being with friends and family, I need time to myself too. This is the introvert in me. Especially after a busy few days of constant socialising, I need the serenity of being on my own. I crave it in fact. This isn’t anything personal towards anyone, it’s just something I need as part of my day to day life. I’m comfortable in my own company and so long as I get this time, I’m good for everything we have planned as a family.
- A NIGHT IN WITH NOTHING TO DO – Gone are the partying days. I don’t miss them. I spent every weekend throughout most of my twenties out on the town drinking and dancing and I think I can safely say I’m done. That’s not to say I will never have a night out again, of course, I will. But I love nothing more than having an evening with absolutely nothing to do. What a perfect evening.
I’m feeling pretty grateful for all I have after writing this. What a great way to finish the weekend and start a new week. If it’s sunny in the daytime and rainy at night time, that would be an added bonus. But if it’s not, there’s always the music, right?!