It is very important to know that your beauty comes from within and to love yourself regardless of your faults, but sometimes those faults are very visible. When that happens, it can hurt your self-esteem, no matter how confident you are that you are beautiful inside.
Acne scars are a prime example of this conundrum. You want to love your appearance, but you may hate your scarring.
Luckily, this is one problem that you can do something about easily if you know the options available to you. Here are five ways that you can get rid of acne scars on your face without breaking your bank.
5 Ways to Get Rid of Acne Scars on Your Face
While all of these ways won’t work for everyone, you should be able to find at least one that works for you.
- Retinoid creams. Retinol increases the rate of healthy cell turnover, so using it consistently can reduce scarring. It stimulates new cell growth in your skin, making your face smoother and evening out the texture. Retinol can also help the dark discolourations left behind by acne to fade.
- Products with vitamin C in them. Vitamin C is an important antioxidant that is often used to treat sun damage and dark spots. It has the ability to brighten your skin, which also brightens the pigmentation around your scarring. It should not be used by itself, though, since it only targets the pigment and not the texture of your skin, so it will improve the colour of your scarring but not even the texture out.
- Cosmetic laser dermatology. If you have tried everything else and just can’t seem to get rid of those annoying acne scars, you may be a candidate for laser dermatology. Laser Dermatology uses non-invasive procedures such as light therapies, dermal fillers, and photodynamic therapies to reduce the appearance of acne scars.
For more information in laser dermatology, contact the professionals in the field at places like CLDerm.com.
- Apply preventative measures to reduce potential scarring. You have probably already begun to do this as best as you can, but you should be sure to do your research before choosing your skin care products. Some of them have comedogenic ingredients in them that will clog your pores and cause an increase in acne, and others have ingredients that may irritate your skin.
- Avoid using hydrogen peroxide to clean any acne or wounds on your skin. While hydrogen peroxide does do a good job in killing off bacteria, it also kills the new skin cells that are beginning to grow around the sore or wound.
You Don’t Have to Live With Scarring
For most of us, it is hard enough to come to terms with loving ourselves for who we are. When we have faults that are visible and make us insecure about our physical selves, this is even harder.
Coming to terms with things you can’t do anything about, like your height or your big feet, is necessary to leading a happy and confident life, but for fixable things like acne scarring, you can do something about them, so why not give it a shot?