A few weeks ago I took part in The Mummy Tag. I love tags, I think they’re a great way to find out more about the people that you read about. Around the same time, I was then nominated to do the Daddy Tag by My Real Fairy. What better way to tie it all together. So I sat him down and interviewed him.
Without further ado, it’s over to Mr Jellz himself…
1. Are you a Stay at Home Daddy or a Working Daddy and would you have it any other way?
I’m a working Dad and yes I would love to be able to be at home more and spend more time with Ethan. I would love to have a similar bond with him that you do, that I think is as strong as it is, partly because you get to spend so much time together.
2. Do you co-change dirty nappies? Even the very smelly ones?
Ha ha, thankfully not anymore! Those days are over. I did though. I did the first ever ‘black’ nappy. I never shyed away from duties like that – it’s all part of being a new Daddy!
3. A little fairy gives you the possibility of breastfeeding? Are you going for it or do you run away?
Run away – I’d have been playing with them too much!! (Yes folks – he really did say that, to say I’m mortified is an understatement!) In all seriousness – no, for the same reason you didn’t – it just doesn’t appeal to me. Besides, Ethan was fine on formula. There’s nothing wrong with his development and your bond was and is amazing.
4. What is the one must-have item for a daddy?
Chocolate – to keep us both happy! (So that’s what goes on when I’m not around!)
5. How many kids do you plan on having?
Two – I’d love a little Sister to grow up with Ethan and for him to look after and to be there for. A proper big brother. I think he’d be brilliant.
6. Lads’ nights? How often do you have them?
I go to football every week. I’m ‘allowed’ my PlayStation whenever I want and I do go out for a few beers occasionally – I’m very lucky really! (Reading that back – he really is very lucky!!)
7. Your children’s favourite achievement?
His speech is incredible – it always has been from a really young age. His writing is also amazing – he can write his name already. He’s such a clever kid, I’m immensely proud! It’s hard to pinpoint just one thing.
8. What is your best memory with your kid(s)?
When he first called me Daddy. You always look forward to them being able to say your name and when he did for the first time – incredible!
9. Name one thing you miss since being a daddy?
Lie ins! Just being able to get up when I want – those were the days!
10. Weight gain, before pregnancy, during, after and now? And we mean YOU DADDY, not the mummy!
Oh don’t! Sore point! Contentment has kicked in and weight gain has only just happened within the last twelve months. I used to be able to eat what I want when I want and it not effect me – not anymore. My metabolism has seriously slowed down – but the health kick starts next week!!
11. Dream holiday with your kids?
Disneyland Florida. I’d love to take Ethan to meet Mickey and Minnie and all of the other characters. His face would be a picture! And it would be great to take you to America too.
12. Dream holiday without your kids or even without the other half? (You’re allowed to dream)
(Staring at the ceiling whistfully) Somewhere really hot! Or a golfing holiday. Yes! A golfing holiday! (cue my eye rolling!!)
13. How has your life changed since having kids?
Obviously for the better! But I actually wouldn’t say it’s changed immensely to be honest! I go to work the same and I come home. I just now get to come home to an extra person! I’m very lucky that I still get to do the same things that I always used to do whereas your life has changed dramtically! (He really is very lucky!!!)
14. Finish the sentence “It makes my heart melt when…”
…I see you and Ethan playing together and having fun and when he comes up to you and smothers you with kisses and ‘huggles’. It’s so nice to see.
15. Favourite beer brand and football team?
I don’t drink beer – I’m a cider man! So I like Kopparberg. And my favourite football team is my beloved Coventry City! (Don’t I know it!!)
16. Huggies or Pampers?
Pampers. Huggies were shit!
17. Have you always wanted kids?
Yes, always! It was you that needed convincing!!
18. Best part of being a dad?
Being privileged to teach him the way of the world. The rights the wrongs, and guide him in the best way I can.
So there we have it. He does realise how lucky he is!!
I’d love to nominate three of you who haven’t yet done it, let me know, tweet me or leave me a comment and I will let you know!