Oh To Be Carrie Bradshaw Just For One Day

Image credit: HBO

Anyone who knows even the slightest thing about me will know about my love for Carrie Bradshaw and Sex And The City.

My obsession started around sixteen or seventeen years ago (oh my goodness, really?!). I randomly watched one episode one evening and that was it. I was hooked.

I proceeded to buy the box sets and so commenced night after night of compulsive marathons of back to back Sex And The City. Before I knew it I had watched them all, the series had come to an end and I began to watch them all again. Needless to say, nine years ago when the movie came out, I was beside myself with excitement. It was a big thing for all fans worldwide. I had a proper girly night out with my friends. We donned our best heels and enjoyed some cocktails before going to see our four best friends on the big screen for the first time ever.

I wasn’t disappointed. And contrary to reviews, I wasn’t disappointed in the follow up either. Because in my eyes, Sarah Jessica Parker and Carrie Bradshaw, can do no wrong.

What I would give to be Carrie Bradshaw for just one day.

That hair. Man, I would love her hair. Just recently I have managed to get my hair to hold a curl and how I love it on day two or three when I can put a brush through it and it is as big as Carrie’s.

If I was Carrie for a day I would, of course, head out shopping. Bloomingdales, Barney’s, Manolo Blahnik. Of course, I would buy a couple of pairs of the highest heels possible and skip along the streets of Manhattan, before heading out in the evening to enjoy a few Cosmopolitans with my friends.

My shoe obsession started with Carrie Bradshaw and I blame her entirely. I was so in love with every damn pair from that film that I ordered a pair of imitation Dior Extreme shoes that she wore so regularly. I still have them, and while I don’t wear them very often anymore, I still absolutely love them. Although they’re not quite as perfect as the real thing. Just look at them. Beautiful.

Oh To Be Carrie Bradshaw Just For One Day

Image credit: HBO

Whilst wedding dress shopping a few years ago, I happened to stumble across an extremely similar design to that of Carrie’s notorious Vivienne Westwood wedding dress. Even though it was nothing like what I was looking for, I had to try it on! What a dress!

I love the glamourous side of Carrie’s life. But my favourite outfits of hers are always the ones she throws together. The ones that are a little quirky. She always manages to pull them off. Her casual outfits are to die for too. An outfit I would certainly buy, if I were Carrie for a day would be this one. Vintage jacket and Chanel shoes. Effortlessly stylish. Just stunning.

Oh To Be Carrie Bradshaw Just For One Day

Image credit: HBO

Joking aside. Can you imagine how much it would actually cost to be your favourite film or tv character even for just a day, let alone a year? Say you wanted to live the life of James Bond, Marty McFly or Jay Gatsby? Take a look at this infographic put together by https://www.chillmoney.ie/ You might be surprised!

Oh To Be Carrie Bradshaw Just For One Day

I know, right? That’s a whole lot of money right there!

But we can dream. We can watch the films and the tv shows and daydream for a little while. There’s no harm in that! In fact, I’m off to find my favourite shoes and dig out a box set. It’s been far too long.

Now what did I do with my cocktail glasses, it would be rude not to right….?

Which film or tv character would you be if you could? Would it cost a small fortune? I’d love to hear your thoughts!

Post written in collaboration

linky badge

You Might Also Like

Previous Story
Next Story

21 Comment

1. Reply
    17th June 2017 at 7:51 pm

Great post. I’d love to try being James Bond without the danger! Incidentally, from what I have heard about DeLoreans the costs in that graphic would be dwarved by maintenance costs – I have heard of someone who has 2 on the grounds that one will always have broken down! #ThatFridayLinky

2. Reply
    17th June 2017 at 10:34 pm

I ❤️ Carrie Bradshaw! Great post hun, it’s made me want to dig out the SATC DVD’s and make a cosmo! 🍸

3. Reply
    17th June 2017 at 10:40 pm

I guess it would be pretty cool to be Carrie Bradshaw great read Thanks for linking to the #THAT FRIDAY LINKY come back next week please

4. Reply
    17th June 2017 at 10:44 pm

I’m totally with you on the whole Sex and the City thing, it totally fitted in with a part of my life when I’d just moved to London in my early 20s, aspiring to be a journalist and having lots of fun but none of it quite as glamorous as Carrie & Co. Now though, I’d settle for Slash from Guns N Roses knowing who I was! X #PoCoLo

5. Reply
    Mummy Snowy Owl
    18th June 2017 at 12:24 am

I love Carrie too! I’m not sure who I’d be! Maybe the Queen of Dragons from Game of Thrones!!

6. Reply
    mums army
    18th June 2017 at 7:34 am

Oh I love it when you get into a show like that!! You cant beat daydreaming about escaping into that fantasy world. Im ashamed to admit I have never seen Sex in the city, It is on my list of box sets to watch in the future when my children are old enough to not want to be surgically attached to my hip!! Those costing prices are insane!! My wish in my younger years was to be ‘Jessica Fletcher’ from Murder she wrote (yes i am sad) so I am thinking her pricing might be a mere 50 quid?!? (a cardigan and some big rimmed glasses?) xx #Blogstravaganza

7. Reply
    18th June 2017 at 9:37 am

I love a good box set marathon! I’m with you on the shoes too! Thanks so much for sharing with #Blogstravaganza xx

8. Reply
    Mom Of Two Little Girls
    18th June 2017 at 1:48 pm

Love this. I would love to be Alicia from The Good Wife. She’s so beautiful, strong and intelligent. She loves wine (like me), and got off with Will Gardener (aka Josh Charles). C’mon. lol

9. Reply
    Twin Mum/Dad: Emily (@Twinmumanddad)
    18th June 2017 at 7:26 pm

Yes! Fellow Carrie Bradshaw & SATC fan here too! Thanks for linking up to #ThatFridayLinky

10. Reply
    ✨GoddessWithin✨ (@CaptainPinkLady)
    18th June 2017 at 11:11 pm

Oh I love this… I would definitely be Carrie Bradshaw just for a day! And I’d spend the better part of the day just playing with my wadrobe!

11. Reply
    20th June 2017 at 7:25 pm

Gosh now there’;s a question I’m not sure I have an answer for. All I know is that it’s great to dream. #PoCoLo

12. Reply
    22nd June 2017 at 11:16 pm

Oh I love her! Great post 🙂 I remember seeing the film at the cinema and my friend gasping a bit too loudly when she got the dress out, whole cinema howling at her haha! #friyaylinky

1. Reply
      27th June 2017 at 8:28 am

I did the same!!

13. Reply
    Mad Mommy
    22nd June 2017 at 11:46 pm

I’m not sure if there are anyones problems I would be willing to trade for my own! #AnythingGoes

14. Reply
    So Happy In Town (@SoHappyInTown)
    23rd June 2017 at 4:50 am

I’m with you, I’d love to be Carrie for a day. Her style, her effortless coolness (not effortless at all, but heh, it looked like it was), the ability to carry that tousled hair and a puffball skirt. But yes, it’s not reality and would cost a fortune! By the way, you do resemble Carrie, I’m not kidding! #anythinggoes

1. Reply
      27th June 2017 at 8:27 am

You have no idea how much this made me smile!! Thank you!! X

15. Reply
    Mummy in a TuTu (@mummyinatutu)
    28th June 2017 at 8:25 pm

There’s so many i’d love to be. Carrie is up there along with Elizabeth Bennett too lol
    thanks for linking to #ablogginggoodtime

16. Reply
    absolutely prabulous
    28th June 2017 at 10:34 pm

THIS is why we’re friends! Oh. My. God. Do you KNOW how much I loved her and LOVED that series?! I could hug you…I’m the only person I know who’s watched all 96 episodes a ridiculous number of times. Bear in mind this was all after I became a parent…I somehow had the time to watch the series THREE times (excluding the eps I watched on TV!). Best Boxset everrrrr.

1. Reply
      28th June 2017 at 10:48 pm

LOVE this comment! 😘

17. Reply
    absolutely prabulous
    28th June 2017 at 10:35 pm

See? I lost my mind over SATC and forget to say important stuff like #ablogginggoodtime

18. Reply
    5th July 2017 at 4:08 pm

I must confess to not having watched a single episode of SATC and having no desire to but I do like those shoes!
    Thanks for linking up to #AnythingGoes 🙂

Leave me a comment - I love to read your thoughts!