8 Reasons Why I’m Welcoming Autumn

8 Reasons Why I’m Welcoming Autumn

I am such a contradiction at times. Towards the end of the Summer I kept going on and on about how I didn’t want Summer to end – and I didn’t, I really didn’t. But now here I am talking about why I’m welcoming Autumn!

Autumn fashion

There is something about getting all cosy that just really appeals to me. I love the transition from summer clothes into Autumn (which I will be blogging about very soon!). I love pulling on a woolly jumper, jeans and a pair of boots.

Welcoming Autumn

Getting cosy at home

There is nothing like switching on the central heating and settling in for the night with a good book. Or grabbing a blanket and curling up on the sofa to watch a good film or back to back Netflix. Throw in a takeaway and you’re all set for the perfect Autumn evening.

Kicking in the leaves

With Autumn comes crispy leaves, beautiful orange and gold crispy leaves and no one can resist kicking around in them no matter what your age. There is nothing like wrapping up warm and going out for a brisk walk and finding some leaves to have fun with on the way.

Welcoming Autumn

Darker nights

Yes the long summer nights are lovely and it’s great when the sun is shining but darker nights and darker mornings mean it’s easier to get small people to sleep and (hopefully) sleep in that little bit longer in the mornings. (She says with intrepid anticipation!).

Good TV!

All the good television shows seem to start in Autumn. From your weekend reality favourites such as The X Factor and Strictly, to brilliant dramas. They always seem to save them for the Autumn months. This suits me just fine as I love cosy nights in when it gets colder. Perfect timing all round!

Halloween

Since being a parent, Halloween has taken on a whole new meaning. Once upon a time I would turn off the lights and refuse to answer the door to trick or treaters, but recent years have seen me embracing it. I stock up on sweets from the pound shop, put the pumpkins by the front door and wait for the influx of a ringing doorbell. All this whilst the husband takes the little one out to bring home sweets to replace those we’ve given out. It’s great fun.

Welcoming Autumn

Bonfire night

I was never a fan of bonfire night when I was younger, but again, when you look at it through the eyes of a child, it brings on a whole new meaning. We wrap up warm, grab little man’s ear defenders so he can enjoy the fireworks without being scared and away we go. Although I’m yet to have a toffee apple in recent years – I might have to amend that this year!

Christmas is coming

Yes, I’ve said the C word – so sue me! Autumn brings the true countdown to Christmas and I love it. It’s double preparations for us as the Little Man’s birthday is in December, so we have a whole heap of planning to do throughout the Autumn so that December doesn’t descend upon us bringing chaos with it. I love to see the shops getting Christmassy and I always love hearing that first Christmas song of the year.

What do you love about Autumn? Do you love it as much as me? Let me know in the comments.

Written in collaboration

new linky links (2)

1. 2nd October 2018 / 6:53 am

I’m an outdoors guys, 365 days a year. But, if pushed, Autumn would be my favourite season. Not too cold, not too warm, beautiful colours and that little bit of excitement that Christmas is around the corner.

2. Amy - The Rolling Baby
    2nd October 2018 / 8:53 am

I like Autumn, but I’m really feeling the cold this year. This year, I’m making more of an effort to get involved in Halloween, especially as I’ve got a one and a half year, who’s going to want to get involved. Now, if only the darker mornings meant she slept better! #Triumphanttales

3. 2nd October 2018 / 11:14 am

I also adore autumn. Getting cosy, comfort food and getting back into wearing boots #TriumphantTales

4. 2nd October 2018 / 12:47 pm

Autumn is the best season, mild weather, cost clothes and gorgeous colours X #triumphanttales

5. 2nd October 2018 / 2:36 pm

Autumn is my favourite! I’m also super excited about the nights drawing in. Get’s me in the mood for Halloween and fireworks!! #triuphanttales

6. 2nd October 2018 / 2:37 pm

…stopping by via #triumphanttales!

7. 2nd October 2018 / 4:17 pm

The autumn just makes me sad! I am such a spring and summer person so the damp mornings, dark evenings and cold weather just me yearn for the sun. The only perks are the excuse of needing a new coat and boots!! Thanks for hosting #triumphanttales xx

8. 2nd October 2018 / 5:40 pm

I am right with you! There is nothing better than getting cozy on the couch in a flannel under a blanket.

9. 2nd October 2018 / 6:02 pm

Christmas is the BEST reason!! #triumphanttales

10. 2nd October 2018 / 6:57 pm

I like the fall season the best. I like the cooler weather and enjoying a different way of life. #Triumphanttales

11. 2nd October 2018 / 9:17 pm

Such a gorgeous season and I am with you on all your reasons. We have two Autumn birthdays in this house too and also the day I came to my adoptive parents on Bonfire Night so means a lot. Fond memories of kicking, crunching and dancing in Autumn leaves with my mum. In fact, when I shared 80 memories of her in a pretty notebook for her 8-th birthday that was the first one that hit me so was written down first. She adored Autumn followed by Spring and I am the same. Lovely post #TriumphantTales

12. 3rd October 2018 / 2:00 pm

I’m not happy about losing lazy days out by the pool, but I like fall. Its a good time of year for sports and the crisp nights make for good sleeping weather #triumphanttales

13. 6th October 2018 / 4:51 pm

I’m really looking forward to wearing warm jumpers and boots, I love them. Curling up with warm blankets on cool dark nights with a good book or a movie is bliss.

14. 6th October 2018 / 11:39 pm

I’m not a huge fan of Autumn to be honest, although I love being back in jeans, jumper and boots! And I have to admit that I quite like it when all the leaves change colour – it’s looking beautiful at the moment. #triumphanttales

15. 8th October 2018 / 11:41 am

I love Autumn although we are now in Spring here in South Africa. But I just love the layering of clothing, the food and the leaves falling from the trees #triumphanttales

16. 8th October 2018 / 5:12 pm

Hi I will miss our lovely summer but autumn is still my favourite time of year as well. I love walking through leaves watching tv by the fire #triumphanttales

17. 8th October 2018 / 8:22 pm

Autumn is my absolute favourite season too! For all the reasons you state and more! We love conker hunting, crunching in leaves, living in our wellies and aaaall the apple pie! #TriumphantTales