How To Enjoy Winter Nights

How To Enjoy Winter Nights

When you take a step back and reflect on the big picture, who does not love summer? Summer days and nights are what dreams are made of. It means long warm days, tanned skin, travel for tropical beaches and ice cream. Summer is an annual escape from the daily routines and any obligations that society has created.

Yes, summer is a time for adventures and making new memories. But it does not last forever, the thought of summer ending is always hard to process. We all dread it, but winter will soon find us.

When it comes, it will bring crisp, chilly mornings, shortened days, and stormy weather; however, not all is lost. If you are part the majority of the population that dread winter, here are six ways to enjoy the cold nights as you wait for the next summer.

1. Make your space cosy

This can be accomplished by adding extra pillows and blankets around the house. A basket full of warm, cosy socks for guest to put on when they come to visit is a great touch. Cuddle up on your couch to watch your favourite movies and use the prolonged nights as an excuse to hibernate.

1. Enjoy bathtime

During the summer days, it is too hot to think about taking a hot bath. Now that it is winter time, let the soaking begin. To give it a more spa and zen feeling light up some candles and choose a good music, or even better take a good book with you and enjoy your moment.

1. Indulge in hot beverages

Say goodbye to smoothies and iced coffee, say hello to your favourite holiday pumpkin spice lattes, peppermint mochas, and hot chocolate. For a decadent treat try Mexican hot chocolate with nutmeg and cinnamon.

1. Shake and Bake

Just like a hot bath is not ideal for summer, neither is cooking. Grilling outdoors is the ultimate go-to for all your friends and neighbours. Winter lets you turn on the oven without sweating. Also, winter is the perfect time to try a new hearty crockpot recipe.

1. Throw on the layers

Winter reign when it comes to fashion. With longer evenings and cooler days, now is the time to layer up and get savvy with accessories. Choose a nice glove and pile on the layers, experiment with the latest boot style and indulge in a piece of the perfect winter.

1. Plan ahead

Now is the time to plan ahead for your spring cleaning. By planning ahead, you will help make your task list easier once spring rolls back around.

Cosy winter nights under the stars can be just as beautiful and enjoyable as summer days. Outdoor fireplaces are a great way to continue enjoying the outdoors in the winter. Godu mexicaanse tuinhaarden offers a variety of high quality, crafted outdoor fire pits. Your backyard is an extension of your home and no matter where you are in your home, you deserve for it to look and feel luxurious.

Featured article

1. 9th October 2018 / 11:21 am

Yes to all these, I love darker evenings where I can switch off and unwind X #triumphanttales

2. 9th October 2018 / 12:52 pm

cozy pj’s and hot chocolate are my favorite things. This is a good list though because I hate Winter. These are things to look forward to. #anythinggoes

3. 9th October 2018 / 3:01 pm

I already have my first day of snow basket ready! It has hot cocoa, new mittens for the little one, a new DVD, face masks and a few snacks for our first snow day at home!! Can’t wait to use it. Making Memories. #triumphanttales

4. 9th October 2018 / 3:35 pm

Sounds like really good tips that I can use. Thanks for sharing them. #TriumphantTales

5. 9th October 2018 / 4:38 pm

Cosy nights in under a blanket on the sofa watching a film that’s a perfect winters night in thanks for hosting #triumphanttales

6. 10th October 2018 / 4:36 pm

I love how you write and this is a great celebration of a special season and I like the very things you do not for the first time #TriumphantTales

7. 10th October 2018 / 6:40 pm

Winter means cozy nights by the fire, hot chocolate, soups made in the crock pot and boots! I absolutely love wearing boots. I live in an area where I only get about 2 months a year to wear them but I love it!

8. 10th October 2018 / 7:14 pm

Cosy socks and a blanket with a hot drink and movie just perfect #triumphanttales

9. 10th October 2018 / 9:08 pm

I absolutely love the winter evenings, theres something so cosy and safe about it. #TriumphantTales

10. 10th October 2018 / 9:58 pm

I love the cosiness of winter – now we have moved I really want a fire pit so will be taking a look at those for sure! #TriumphantTales

11. 15th October 2018 / 1:17 pm

Cosy socks, blankets and a fireplace is ideal and then to warm up with lovely hot chocolate #TriumphantTales

12. 15th October 2018 / 9:12 pm

I’m waaaay too disorganised to plan spring cleaning in advance! But agree with all the rest! Our sofa blankets have come back out already as our hot chocolate supplies have been restocked! #TriumphantTales