A Happy End To 2017 And A Big Hello To 2018

A Happy End To 2017 And A Big Hello To 2018

It’s hard to believe that two weeks have passed since I last posted a blog post. I was full of excitement for a break and obviously for Christmas, but it has flown by so fast.

December was such a hectic month for us. The Little Man turned five, we had his Birthday party to host and a multitude of other things that just seemed to eat into our time and before we knew it, Christmas had arrived.

We’ve had a really lovely time over the last couple of weeks. It’s the first time that the husband has had the whole of Christmas off work and because we are both so busy with the hustle and bustle of life, me with my blog, him with the gym, it’s hard to get the special time together. But this year we managed it. We had over a week off everything together and it was so special. I won’t lie, I didn’t want it to end.

There were times over the holiday that we thought we were going to go insane. The Little Man was testing to say the very least, at times. We think a lot of it had to do with all of the excitement of snow, Birthday and Christmas in the space of three weeks. Then, of course, having time off school as well as having us both at home for a long period of time. Kids like routine and ours was well and truly broken. But it was needed. We got chance to reconnect as a family and spend that all-important time together, even though we did feel like we were tearing our hair out on occasions!

We have decided that it’s so important to make sure that we take this time more often from now on. It’s so hard not to get caught up in the daily grind which is why it’s just as important to set the special time aside.

I have never been a big fan of New Year and this year we didn’t make any huge plans. Little Man went to bed at the usual time and the husband and I had a lovely evening together consisting of a few drinks and several games of Ultimate Monopoly (which is a fab version of the game I urge you all to try!).

View this post on Instagram

Happy Saturday.

A post shared by JakiJellz (@jakijellz) on

Most years on 31st December, I am always a bit sad and deflated, because I don’t like things to end. So, New Year’s Eve leaves me feeling anxious. I didn’t get any of that this year. I felt positive and gladly welcomed in 2018. A New Year didn’t feel like the big deal it usually does and this left me feeling very content. I’m happy to say hello to 2018.

I’m excited to see where the year takes us and what it holds in store. Where will we go? What will we do? Who will we meet? The opportunities are endless for us all and I’m looking forward to sharing them all with you.

So, hello to 2018. May you have lots of wonderful things in store for us. I’m looking forward to getting to know you a little bit better.

How was your Christmas and how do you feel about the New Year? Let me know in the comments, I’d love to hear from you.

1. 5th January 2018 / 11:20 am

What a gorgeous couple you are! I can’t say I’m sad to see the back of Christmas. Panto kind of took over December and my husband was working all day Christmas day and boxing day so it was like any other day but with presents and lots of wrapping paper and boxes to clear away!! Have an amazing year lovely! #thatfridaylinky

2. 5th January 2018 / 12:54 pm

We had a similar New Year and it was so nice just to chill out! Happy New Year lovely! Thanks so much for sharing with #Blogstravaganza xx

3. 5th January 2018 / 2:59 pm

Ahh Im so glad you had a lovely Christmas, your photos are gorgeous! We had a lovely time other than the sickness bug hitting us all! Happy new year to you! #thatfridaylinky

4. 5th January 2018 / 4:16 pm

What a lovely post, I’m glad you had a well deserved break. Thank you for linking up with #Blogstravaganza this week 🙂

5. 6th January 2018 / 10:52 am

Looks like a fab Xmas you had happy new year! Thank you for linking to #Thatfridaylinky please come back next week

6. 6th January 2018 / 4:18 pm

Ours was a chilled out, relaxed Christmas too spent with family and friends. The perfect detox to kickstart the new year!
    All the best for 2018 Jaki:)
    #blogstravaganza

7. 7th January 2018 / 10:20 pm

I cannot believe how quickly those two weeks went! We are not big fans of NYE either and so keep it low key these days – meal and a few drinks. Here’s to a great 2018! Happy New Year to you #TriumphantTales

8. aliduke79hotmailcom
    9th January 2018 / 10:14 am

It looks like you had a wonderful Christmas. We had a very quiet New Year too, we always do. I am hoping that this year will be a great one for my family and I.

9. 9th January 2018 / 11:17 am

Our whole Christmas & New Years was different this year…very low key and kinda nice! #triumphanttales

10. 9th January 2018 / 2:28 pm

Thank you for sharing your lovely Christmas celebrations. I feel the same about NYE, but this year I managed to get a babysitter and went to watch my husbands band, which was fab. #triumphanttales

11. 9th January 2018 / 9:21 pm

Looks like you had a fab Christmas and new year! #triumphanttales

12. 10th January 2018 / 12:48 pm

Happy New Year to you all, lovely family photos. We too had a quiet New Year and walked down the road at 11.50pm to watch the fireworks at the Marina then off to bed #triumphanttales

13. Kate@TheMumConundrum