The Facebook Page – What’s the secret…?

I wanted to talk today about the Facebook Page. Most of us bloggers have them and I want to know your secrets. Will you divulge?

I set my Facebook page up to accompany my blog back in April and while I’m happy that I share my blog posts on it and other little announcements – such as upcoming collaborations and so on, I would love to know what else you use your page for to engage with readers and increase your numbers.

My Twitter followers have gone through the roof since I started to take the blog seriously yet my Facebook hasn’t. I do take part in Twitter chats which has most definitely contributed to this increase yet the Facebook world of blogging has always baffled me a bit. I’ve never really gone there and I think maybe it’s because I view Facebook as somewhere I interact with people I know, whereas Twitter is a beautiful free for all.

I know the Facebook Page is different entirely, but tell me, how do you increase your numbers? Do you have a secret? Are there any groups I should join to get my little blog out there to a wider audience?

This community is so wonderful that I don’t feel daft for asking. We’ve all been here and I love that we learn from each other on a daily basis.

My Facebook page currently has 39 likes. I’m happy with my lovely 39 but I just know that there is a whole wider audience out there and I want to know what I can do to make them click the thumbs-up on my page so I can see that number grow.

Image credit: Google

I hope you share some tips and words of wisdom. I’m sure you will and I can’t wait to read your advice.

In he mean time, fancy heading over there now? Giving me a head start? ๐Ÿ˜‰

JakiJellz on Facebook

Thanks for reading.

jaki (2)

You Might Also Like

Previous Story
Next Story

18 Comment

1. Reply
    9th July 2016 at 10:03 pm

If you find out the secret, please let me know! I am struggling to build up too many likes on my facebook page – the majority are people I know in real life!

I popped over and liked your page though. ๐Ÿ™‚

1. Reply
      10th July 2016 at 12:49 am

Ah thanks. If I find any extra tips I’ll do a follow up xx

2. Reply
    Emily Bresin
    10th July 2016 at 1:43 pm

I am new to blogging and still haven’t created a Facebook page for my blog. I am just getting the hang of Twitter. So, I definitely don’t know the secret but am interested to see what others might have to say!

1. Reply
      10th July 2016 at 1:54 pm

Ah well welcome to the blogging world. It’s a lovely community! Twitter is great fun. Just holler if you need any help ๐Ÿ™‚ I’ll be sure to do a follow up to this post if I discover anything worth knowing ๐Ÿ™‚ thanks so much for your comments and for reading. X

3. Reply
    10th July 2016 at 3:28 pm

I am not the best at Facebook either – it’s like a dark secret that no-one has the answer too ๐Ÿ˜‰ However You Baby Me Mummy just did a BlogFix Friday on this so it’s worth having a look at her vlog…some great tips there about sharing varied content (not just your blog posts), inviting people to your page, sharing on your personal page…I’m yet to implement them but thought it was very useful xx #pocolo

1. Reply
      17th July 2016 at 11:41 am

Ah ok I will have a look. Thank you! xx

4. Reply
    Leanne @ Deep Fried Fruit
    10th July 2016 at 10:59 pm

I’d love to know the secret too!
    Thanks for the tip Bridie By The Sea.

1. Reply
      17th July 2016 at 11:42 am

Yes great tip – if I find any more useful hints along the way I will do a follow up post. Thank you for reading ๐Ÿ™‚

5. Reply
    11th July 2016 at 2:09 pm

I was going to suggest the youbabymemummy post too. It is v helpful – maybe this little group of ‘commenters’ could collaborate as per some of Abi’s suggestions? x #fortheloveofBLOG x

1. Reply
      17th July 2016 at 11:42 am

That’s a great idea!

6. Reply
    11th July 2016 at 7:57 pm

Same, I invited people that I knew, but my likes have never really increased since my initial burst, and I find posting on face book a bit of a drag sometimes, any suggestions are always good. x #fortheloveofBLOG

1. Reply
      17th July 2016 at 11:43 am

Wow – this post is proving I’m not as daft as I first thought. Kind of good to know we all face the same problems and hiccups along the way ๐Ÿ™‚ Thanks for reading.

7. Reply
    The Unsung Mum
    13th July 2016 at 6:49 pm

Yeah it’s a hard one. I keep thinking about paying to boast but don’t know anyone who’s done it so unsure of its worthy it?! fortheloveofBLOG

1. Reply
      17th July 2016 at 11:44 am

I’ve never done it and it does seem quite overpriced – good for businesses I guess but not something I really like the idea of putting money into. Thanks for reading ๐Ÿ™‚

8. Reply
    The Pramshed
    15th July 2016 at 8:42 pm

I know that a lot of bloggers struggle with Facebook as a social platform to gain likes. I have set up a Facebook page, linked to my personal Facebook account, but I’ve not started using it yet. To be honest I don’t think I will set up Facebook, as it’s just another platform to maintain and time is tight now. So I don’t have any advice to give on Facebook lovely, I’m sorry. I wish you all the success with it. Thanks so much for linking up at #fortheloveofBLOG. Claire x

9. Reply
    17th July 2016 at 11:46 am

Yes to be honest I just link it with my blog and that’s about it. I’ve written the odd update but that’s all – like you say time is tight and I tend to concentrate where I have a bigger audience – Twitter! I’m sure maybe it’s something that grows with time. I hope! Thanks for reading. x

10. Reply
    Morgan Prince
    22nd July 2016 at 7:36 pm

I don’t have many likes compared to the big bloggers, I think I’m at 255 now. My likes have grown steadily. I’ve found that sharing others’ posts on my page definitely helps and inviting people to like too. To be honest I’m just doing what I think and then if it helps great! I’ve just started to chat more on facebook, responding to people’s posts and such and that has increased my post reach – this may or may not help with likes. I have yet to find out. ๐Ÿ™‚
    Thanks for linking to #PoCoLo – sorry it’s taken me so long to comment.

1. Reply
      28th July 2016 at 9:20 pm

Thanks for the tips! I have learnt a couple of ideas over the last few weeks, but I think it will just be a case of time. Twitter does me well so I tend to concentrate my efforts on there – and to be honest – I much prefer it!

Leave me a comment - I love to read your thoughts!