Just Do Your Best – Wednesday Wisdom 10

Just Do Your Best Wednesday Wisdom 10

So go on then. How many New Years Resolutions have you made? How many have you broken yet? Or are you like me and just don’t bother?

I do believe, as mentioned in my first post of the New Year, that a brand new year is great for making a fresh start but I have to say I’m not a big fan of the whole ‘new year, new me’ thing or, resolutions as a whole. They are notorious for not being seen through and does anyone really ever stick to them?

I don’t ever remember making a New Years resolution. Or if I did I was too young to really understand what they were all about. Instead, if I do want to make some changes, I just tell myself to try my best in that moment, as that’s all I can do. I don’t think about whether I’ll have accomplished that specific thing in two, three or even six months time. I do my best for that moment and take each day as it comes. I genuinely believe this is the best way. There is less pressure and I always feel things are more achievable with this mindset.

Therefore this week’s Wednesday Wisdom quote is this:

“Don’t think about what can happen in a month. Don’t think about what can happen in a year. Just focus on the 24 hours in front of you and do what you can to get closer to where you want to be”.

I hope you all had a wonderful New Year and look forward to your company here as we delve into 2017!

You Might Also Like

Previous Story
Next Story

29 Comment

Coombe Mill - Fiona
    4th January 2017 at 9:42 am

I like your Wednesday Wisdom, I have some goals for the business that my husband and I set out, but they are not formal and writen, just how we plan the year. Just do your best is the key, no one can ask more. Happy New Year #BloggerClubUK

4th January 2017 at 10:07 pm

Absolutely! I’m glad you enjoyed it 🙂

2. Reply
    Selena, The Rambler
    4th January 2017 at 3:29 pm

Love this quote! Great advice to enjoy today instead of worrying about tomorrow =) #BloggerClubUk

4th January 2017 at 10:08 pm

I love it too. So pleased you liked it. 🙂

3. Reply
    4th January 2017 at 5:44 pm

I definitely need to learn to live in the present more x

4th January 2017 at 10:09 pm

It’s easy to get caught up in making plans! We all do it 🙂

4. Reply
    4th January 2017 at 10:03 pm

Ah love this idea of Wednesday wisdom. Excellent t advice here and a great way to keep non resolutions going throughout the year! I look forward to reading next Wednesdays wisdom! Thanks for sharinggn at #familyfun xx

4th January 2017 at 10:11 pm

Take a look at some of the others. It’s been running a few weeks now. I’ll be sure to share next week’s 🙂

5. Reply
    Karen TwoTinyHands
    5th January 2017 at 7:22 am

I’ve scrapped resolutions and goals this year. I just don’t want to fail. I’ve got dreams and while I think I’ll achieve them in the future I’ve kind of got to put them on hold while my little one is little. He’s the most important thing right now and I’m living in the moment! Thanks for linking up to #familyfun

5th January 2017 at 9:28 pm

Great attitude to have. I agree completely! 🙂

6. Reply
    The Tale of Mummyhood
    5th January 2017 at 12:32 pm

I love that quote. Time flies by so quickly, if we don’t stop to take in the world we miss it.

5th January 2017 at 9:30 pm

This is very true! Thanks for reading 🙂

7. Reply
    Mackenzie Glanville
    6th January 2017 at 1:03 am

Oh I LOVE this advice, so true, I get overwhelmed easily if I think too far ahead #sharingthebloglove

7th January 2017 at 8:19 pm

I’m pleased you found something to relate to 🙂

8. Reply
    Catie: An Imperfect Mum
    6th January 2017 at 8:40 am

Great quote. I don;t do new year resolutions either as I don;t believe you should wait until a new year to make the changes you want to see in your life. Life is too short! Thank you for linking up to #ablogginggoodtime 🎉

7th January 2017 at 8:15 pm

I like your thinking 🙂

9. Reply
    Katy - Hot Pink Wellingtons
    6th January 2017 at 5:08 pm

I’ve not made any resolutions for this year, but I have made some goals that I’d like to achieve. But one of my goals is to not beat myself up if I can’t achieve the others – there are so often a whole host of reasons why that happens, and there’s no point in dwelling on the past – much more important to look ahead. I think this next year is likely to be a tough one for me, so my goals are fairly loose! Thanks for joining us at #SharingtheBlogLove

7th January 2017 at 8:14 pm

Completely agree with you! X

10. Reply
    Shinners and the Brood
    7th January 2017 at 2:24 pm

I like it! And yup. Resolutions made and broken here already! :0

7th January 2017 at 8:09 pm

11. Reply
    Shinners and the Brood
    7th January 2017 at 2:24 pm

Oops #fortheloveofblog.

12. Reply
    five little doves
    8th January 2017 at 3:46 pm

I love that quote, so inspiring. My motto for the year is don’t sweat the small stuff, life is way too short to spend it worrying about things that don’t matter. Thanks for linking up to #fortheloveofblog

8th January 2017 at 10:02 pm

Ah yes definitely! I couldn’t agree more! Thanks for commenting. X

13. Reply
    Becky, Cuddle Fairy
    9th January 2017 at 12:43 pm

I totally agree with you on the New Year resolutions… they aren’t my thing either. I think it’s a way of setting yourself up for disappointment & feeling inadequate. I love the idea of focusing on 24 hrs at a time. Fab quote! Thanks so much for joining us at #BloggerClubUK

9th January 2017 at 5:33 pm

My pleasure. With all the talk of resolutions I often feel like I’m being a party pooper not joining in!! Great to know someone else feels the same 🙂

14. Reply
    Emma T
    10th January 2017 at 11:58 pm

I always had ‘stop biting my nails’ every year. The only time I’ve grown them was for my wedding, now they’re back chewed again.

This year i’ve not started yet but I will lose the weight I lost last year and keep it off. I will start after my INR test on Thursday because I can’t start a new diet that close to my check or it screws the results. I need longer before for it to all even out. #sharingthebloglove

12th January 2017 at 4:35 pm

I wish you all the best with your goals! I’m sure you’ll do brilliantly 🙂

15. Reply
    12th January 2017 at 10:58 pm

Perfect. See this is why I try to keep fairly loose or realistic goals, its so easy to lose sight when looking at the bigger picture! Small steps are definitely the way forward. Thanks for sharing lovely xx #FriYAYLinky

12th January 2017 at 11:11 pm

Slow and steady wins the race I say! (I have to say that, I was crap in races at school!!) Glad you agree. Realistic is best 🙂 xx

Leave me a comment - I love to read your thoughts!