I Love My Life – Wednesday Wisdom 11

I love my life robbie williams

This is a bit of a special Wednesday Wisdom this week. Not only is the quote I’ve chosen bloody lovely, but it’s become really very special in our house over the last couple of weeks. During the first few minutes of 2017, the words ‘I love my life’ were sang by us as a family. Little did we know that they would continue to feature in our lives on a daily basis! We had made a memory and it’s a real special one.

If you aren’t already guessing where this is going, let me fill you in.

As I’m sure a lot of you are well aware, Robbie Williams did a concert on the BBC on New Year’s Eve. It’s probably at this point I should make it known, if you don’t already know, that I have loved Mr Williams for almost twenty-five years (yes, I am that old!). He was my first love. And, I got to marry Rob – just not that one!! So, Robbie is the other Rob in my life, and he probably always will be.

Anyway, I digress. I was looking forward to seeing in the New Year watching the show on the TV, but in the end we ended up at our neighbour’s house, where we had spent the evening. Little Man came along aswell, they have young children too so it was nice for them to spend some time together playing.

Shortly after Big Ben had chimed, after the amazing fireworks and after Auld Lang Syne had been sung, Robbie returned to the stage and sang a song that now means so much. The song is called ‘Love My Life’.

Now I know that Robbie is a bit like Marmite. You either love him or hate him. Yes he has an ego, but I love that about him. There’s never any point getting into a disagreement with me about him because the man can do no wrong in my eyes. At first listen, the chorus in particular, the song can easily be misconstrued. It can sound like he’s bigging himself up, that he’s making out he’s powerful, beautiful, wonderful and magical. If you thought this and you haven’t already, you need to revisit the song. You need to take another listen.

He is singing the song to his children. The words in the chorus are the words he one day hopes his children will say to him. The song is about the one thing we hope we are all doing enough of as parents. Giving our children the best start in life that we can.

If you can picture the scene. We were there together, as a family in the first hour of 2017, singing and dancing this song. It was the first time we had seen the New Year in together as a family of three. Little Man had always been in bed any other year. We were singing it to our Little Man and he was singing it too. It was such a perfect start to the year.

No word of a lie, every day since then, the little fella has asked to listen to it. I have told him it’s a special song and it’s how we feel about him. He will grow up with it now, knowing how much it means to us and hopefully to him too. Music helps make the best memories and this is no exception.

My favourite line from the song, and the quote for this week’s post is this:

I might not be there for all your battles,
But you’ll win them eventually.
I pray that I’m giving you all that matters,
And one day you’ll say to me,
“I love my life”

It’s all any of us want as parents. To be there for them as and when we can. To give them the best start in their lives to go on to become anything they want to be. But above all we want them to be happy and to enjoy the life they have. It’s such a beautiful song with a beautiful message. One day I might be able to listen to it without getting ‘something in my eye’!

If you haven’t already, please do take a look and listen. I’ve included the lyric version below, because that seems to make the most sense, but if you fancy watching the man himself in the official video, you’ll find it here.

So there we have it. This week’s Wednesday Wisdom. I Love My Life.

Thank you for joining me this week. Tell me what you think of the song and the lyrics in the comments. I would love to know.

Wednesday Wisdom Quote Series

You Might Also Like

Previous Story
Next Story

39 Comment

donna
    11th January 2017 at 9:22 am

So sweet! I love my life too, i just forget it sometimes. #familyfun

12th January 2017 at 4:36 pm

Ah bless you. It can so busy though can’t it? Thanks for stopping by.

2. Reply
    Sarah Howe @runjumpscrap
    11th January 2017 at 10:27 am

Ah I like a bit of Robbie and he is from where I used to live! Good old Stoke on Trent. I never realised this was what the song was about but how lovely. You do really need to listen sometimes to the words!! I hope you had a lovely 2017 start and sound like this song has really helped! Thanks for sharing with #bestandworst x

12th January 2017 at 4:43 pm

Ah I wanted to inform at least one person who didn’t know what the song was about. And now I have! Brilliant. He is lovely isn’t he? Thanks a million. I hope you’re all doing well too x

3. Reply
    Alana - Burnished Chaos
    11th January 2017 at 8:26 pm

I watched the concert too and like you have been in love with the man himself for 25 years. The meaning behind this song is so beautiful and how fantastic that it has become such a part of your family story now x
    ##bestandworst

12th January 2017 at 4:47 pm

Yay. A fellow Robbie lover! Always great to meet one. It is such a beautiful song. He’s come a long way since Karma Killer! 😄 x

4. Reply
    Sammie
    12th January 2017 at 9:30 am

I never really listened to the lyrics but what a beautiful message from the lovely Robbie! #sharingthebloglove

12th January 2017 at 4:51 pm

It really is. Thanks for stopping by 🙂

5. Reply
    Karen : TwoTinyHands
    12th January 2017 at 3:23 pm

I love the story behind this one. Such a great family moment and special ones to hold at our heart. We only want the best for our little monkeys don’t we! thanks for linking up to #FamilyFun

12th January 2017 at 5:33 pm

Ah thank you. It was a lovely moment and the perfect start to the year 🙂

6. Reply
    MMT
    12th January 2017 at 9:10 pm

This post made me have a little something in my eye! I love that music, a particular song can resonate with each of us so differently and become part of our soundtrack.
    Williams is a character, and I love lifes characters. You have him, I’ll have Mark Owen 🙂
    Thanks for sharing for #coolmumclub

12th January 2017 at 11:14 pm

Haha that’s an agreement I had with my older Sister for many years so that’s fine by me!! 😄 xx

2. Reply
      12th January 2017 at 11:14 pm

Ps. So pleased you liked the post. Thank you.

7. Reply
    tammymum
    12th January 2017 at 9:17 pm

I don’t dislike Robbie, infant I quite like him. I heard an interview with him about this song and listened to his explanation of it and totally got it, its a catchy song too so I am all for it! It’s totally stuck in my head now! Thanks for joining us at #familyfun xx

12th January 2017 at 11:15 pm

Haha it’s on a loop in mine constantly! I’m glad you like it too 🙂

8. Reply
    Catie: An Imperfect Mum
    13th January 2017 at 2:30 pm

I too am a Robbie fan and what a great message to pass on to your kids. Love It! Thanks for linking with us at #ablogginggoodtime

15th January 2017 at 1:13 pm

My pleasure. Glad you like the song too 🙂

9. Reply
    Katy - Hot Pink Wellingtons
    13th January 2017 at 3:31 pm

That’s such a lovely story of how this song has become woven into your family. I have to admit that I’d not heard the song before now, but what a perfect story behind it. Thanks for joining us at #SharingtheBlogLove

15th January 2017 at 1:21 pm

It sure is. I’m so pleased my little boy shares my love of music. 🙂

10. Reply
    Michelle
    13th January 2017 at 8:57 pm

This is such a beautiful post. My daughter fell asleep on me at 11pm, but i’m hoping next year she can last #dreamteam

15th January 2017 at 1:20 pm

He would never have lasted had we been at home! Thank you for the compliment. X

11. Reply
    Angela Watling
    15th January 2017 at 3:08 pm

I’m not a big Robbie fan but I had picked-up that his song was aimed at his children and it has endeared itself to me because of that! It is definitely a great song to be singing with your family at the start of a brand new year together. #fortheloveofBLOG

15th January 2017 at 9:49 pm

It was a real special moment. One I’ll remember forever. Thanks for stopping by.

12. Reply
    five little doves
    15th January 2017 at 5:27 pm

I LOVE this song, even though I’m not a fan of Robbie. The words are just so lovely and I totally get the sentiment behind it. I love how this has become a part of your family! #fortheloveofBLOG

15th January 2017 at 9:48 pm

It’s really special! I love how music can create such amazing memories 🙂

13. Reply
    Laura - dear bear and beany
    15th January 2017 at 8:48 pm

I LOVE Robbie too! And I love this song, it is beautiful and whilst I didn’t stay up to watch it, I watched it the next day with my girls dancing with me. Thank you for joining us at #SharingtheBlogLove

15th January 2017 at 9:46 pm

My pleasure lovely. He’s fab isn’t he? Glad you love it too x

14. Reply
    Becky, Cuddle Fairy
    16th January 2017 at 10:58 am

Awww I have such a lovely mental image of your family on the first hour of 2017. What a precious & special memory, treasure it always! What a fab song – I haven’t heard it yet so thanks for including the video. I’m listening away as I type. It’s really great isn’t it? And says so many great lines about how it feels as a parent & what you want for your children. I wish you all the best for 2017 for you & your family. Thanks for coming back to join us at #candidcuddles in the new year x

16th January 2017 at 12:52 pm

Ah thanks Becky. It’s a wonderful memory and never fails to raise a smile. I’m glad you like it too. All the best to you and yours too 🙂 x

15. Reply
    Claire
    16th January 2017 at 12:05 pm

I had never even heard this song! How lovely! Thanks for sharing the meaning behind it, I think I need to start playing this to my boys xx #fortheloveofblog

16th January 2017 at 12:42 pm

I hope you enjoy it as much as we do! 🙂 xx

16. Reply
    Sammie
    17th January 2017 at 9:10 pm

I have already commented once on this post, but thanks for linking up with #fortheloveofBLOG !

17th January 2017 at 9:53 pm

Thanks Sammie 🙂

17. Reply
    Laura Wilson
    19th January 2017 at 9:10 pm

I love Robbie! Love this song too and you are so right 🙂 I moan a lot but I do love my life especially my gorge babies!! xx #FriYAYLinky

21st January 2017 at 4:44 pm

They make it perfect don’t they? Even on the shitty days! 🙂 xx

18. Reply
    Susie at This Is Me Now
    20th January 2017 at 4:01 pm

Ah I’m new to this series of yours but I love it! i have to say that I used to not be a fan of Robbie but I think he’s mellowed over the last few years and since becoming a father (from what I can tell just from TV interviews, which we all know isn’t real life!) It’s lovely you’ve got such a special family song now and those lovely memories. I can’t wait till my daughter’s older and we can sing and dance to our favourite songs. xx #FortheloveofBLOG

21st January 2017 at 4:40 pm

I’m glad you’re enjoying the series. Welcome along! Robbie had definitely mellowed a lot over the last few years. I think finding his wife and having his children has definitely contributed. He’s found his calling! It’s amazing when the kids start to love the songs you love:) xx

19. Reply
    Jeremy@ThirstyDaddy
    4th September 2017 at 2:25 am

I’ve never heard this song, or much of his at all to be honest, but I like this

4th September 2017 at 9:39 pm

You should check some more out! 🙂