It’s that time of year again. The summer holiday season is almost upon us and if you are anything like me, you will be dreading getting packed. I’m bad enough at doing my own – always have been. But now we have Little Man to think about, so for me, holiday packing is double the stress.
We’ve been on a fair few holidays since being a family of three and over the years I have found myself learning the best ways to pack for a child. So, with a view to calm myself down and remind myself that holiday packing doesn’t need to be stressful, I’m sharing my Top 6 tips for holiday packing for kids.
Holiday Packing Tips
- Remember that you probably won’t need as much as you think you do. The amount of times that I have taken far too many clothes for the Little Man is quite ridiculous. During the day he lives in his swim shorts and only needs a pyjama shorts and t-shirts at night. And if all else fails, you can wash the clothes and hang them out to dry. If you are holidaying abroad, they will be dry in no time.
- Stemming from tip number 1 – take a small tube of travel wash. You may not need it, but if you take it, it’s there if you do. It doesn’t weigh anything and it takes up less room than excess clothes that you’ll unlikely use.
- Don’t worry too much about kids toiletries. For the few days, they are away they can use yours. As long as you have their toothbrush and toothpaste, you can manage. You can pack these in with yours – this also makes unpacking at the other end easier when all toiletries are together.
- Jelly shoes! As much as I hate them, they are a godsend for by the pool and on the beach. The floor and sand can get hot – with jelly shoes this won’t matter and it’s one less thing to be worrying about, and of course, it doesn’t matter if they get wet.
- Pack a surprise toy for the aeroplane or car. The prospect of a long flight or car journey can be quite daunting and it will only feel twice as long if your kid is bored and antsy. If you have something new that they haven’t played with before, this will help, if only for a little while.
- Don’t underestimate tablets. I know some parents don’t agree with too much screen time but I’m a big believer in everything in moderation. Before you leave, load it with episodes of their favourite programme and don’t forget the headphones. You may get an extra half an hours peace and quiet during the journeys there and back which will only help with all of your stress levels.
In preparation for the forthcoming holiday season, Holiday Gems are giving away a Classic Terrance Trunki as a prize for one of my lucky readers! Trunki’s are a great way to get the kids involved with holiday packing. Not only will they feel special because they have their own luggage, but they can have a bit of fun with it too when you pull them along on it as they take a ride. Fun for everyone!
To enter, click on the link in the box below which will take you to the entry page.
Please note TWO of the entries are mandatory and MUST be completed for the entry to be valid. Failure to do so will result in the entrant being disqualified. The remaining two are optional but give you an extra five entries each – so worth doing in my opinion!
Please make sure you read the terms and conditions at the bottom of the page. All that is left for me to do, is wish you lots of luck and happy holiday packing!
Terms and conditions/disclaimer
This is a collaborative post. The competition starts at 12 am 19/06/2017 and ends 12 am 17/07/2017. The prize is one Classic Terrance Trunki. Entries are limited to UK participants only and you must be over 18. The competition is via Rafflecopter and ONE winner will be chosen at random. The winner will be informed within 24 hours. The winner must respond within 24 hours of notification or a new winner will be selected. See Rafflecopter for official rules. JakiJellz is responsible for coordinating the prize with Holiday Gems to ship to the winner.