Daring To Dream – Making That Career Move

Daring To Dream – Making That Career Move

If you’re lucky, you will get up and go to work each day and totally love what you do. Sadly, there are a lot of people the world over that don’t feel this way. There are a lot of people who are unhappy at work and are just trying to get through the day so they can come home with a pay cheque to put a roof over their heads and food on their table.

A lot of us have a dream career but feel that we are too late to pursue it. But the question is, is it ever too late? Really?

A few of you who follow me on social media may be aware that I have been bigging my husband up recently. You see he had a dream and he’s recently pursued it. For longer than I care to remember he has wanted to be a Personal Trainer. I’ve been a gym widow for the best part of two years and the bigger the gym obsession became, the bigger the desire for a career change became for him.

I’m proud of him because he recognised that he wanted to do something about this and he went out there and did it. He gave himself a timescale. He signed up for the course and he worked damn hard. He signed himself up for the exams at the earliest opportunity and he put the graft in. Six months after signing up for the course, he became a qualified personal trainer. How’s that for impressive?

So you see, if you want something bad enough, you can make it happen. If you have the desire to make something work and you have the positivity to go with it, you can achieve your dream.

The hard work isn’t over, at all. Now we have to devise a business plan and the mission will start to make the dream a reality. The qualifications are there, now we need to make this into a full-time career and that won’t be easy. In fact, it could well be harder than the actual exams themselves! Thankfully for him, he’s married to a social media award winner who’s also pretty good at throwing a website together, so he’s saved himself a small fortune there!

Walt Disney once said:

All our dreams can come true if we have the courage to pursue them.

Walt was a wise man.

It’s time to stop dreaming and start doing. What dream are you going to pursue today? Let me know in the comments.

new linky links

1. 4th September 2018 / 10:39 am

That’s a great achievement – you’re right to be super proud of him.
    I have a dream. It was a part time career before my real job go serious and I had to park the dream. One day soon it will return to reality…!
    #TriumpphantTales

2. 4th September 2018 / 1:45 pm

Sometimes you’ve just got to bite the bullet and do it! I felt the same when I changed my career, but it was the best thing ive ever done for myself and my family #TriumphantTales

3. 4th September 2018 / 3:15 pm

I’m working on a course for small businesses and self employed people to learn how to do the basics of PR and communications. It’s an extra income stream which means I can put some money towards all my other dreams – like work to our house (or a new house) or a holiday. I’m an accredited PR professional and have worked in external communications and marketing for years – it’s insane I haven’t thought about it before. Today I’ll be working on some cheat sheets. #TriumphantTales

4. 4th September 2018 / 7:30 pm

LOL-This is great. I just changed jobs. I am in the same field but in a totally different place. I worked somewhere for almost 22 years and because it wasn’t fun anymore I am now somewhere else by choice. I was scared at first but I am happy with my decision. #TriumphantTales

5. 4th September 2018 / 7:38 pm

Good on him for being brave enough to make the move! #triumphanttales

6. 4th September 2018 / 8:36 pm

Fair play to him. I’m delighted I made a career choice. Yes, I gave up a career to become a stay at home dad and make some cash from blogging to tide us over.

7. 4th September 2018 / 11:57 pm

Good for him for doing this!!! I hope he has great success. #triumphanttales

8. Denise
    5th September 2018 / 8:13 am

Brilliant! Well done to your hubby, I wish more people had the courage to pursue their dreams #TriumphantTales

9. 5th September 2018 / 9:28 am

Well done your husband and well done you for supporting him – life isn’t a dress rehearsal, it is there to be lived!

10. 5th September 2018 / 9:58 am

Well done on your husband, you have to believe it to achieve it X #triumphanttales

11. 5th September 2018 / 10:27 am

Lovely post especially having read the mental health one. I am so much happier this year having had the guts to pursue a dream and to relocate last year. I surprised myself by doing it and now often feel unstoppable which is so not me by nature. I secretly would like to be a florist or at least work in a flower shop. Just call me Eliza Doolittle as it probably comes from there lol. All the best to your husband and your family unit with the dreams getting bigger and better as the years go by #TriumphantTales

12. 6th September 2018 / 8:24 am

That’s so inspiring! I turned 40 recently and was on a bit of a downer about it because I felt like I was getting too old for lots of things (career changes being one of them). I’ve given myself a shake though and started to realise that it’s only my attitude that’s going to hold me back, not my age. This post helped reinforce that – thank you! #triumphanttales

13. 7th September 2018 / 10:37 am

Well done to your hubby! My dream is to hopefully one day make a little money from my blog, I’d be happy with just enough to cut my hours down on my day job a bit. Be good to spend more time with my daughter.

14. Amy - The Rolling Baby
    7th September 2018 / 11:34 am

Congratulations to your husband. I’m so glad that the opportunity arose for me to leave the safety net of my job via voluntary redundancy. It gave me the push to pursue a career as a writer, which I now love #triumphanttales

15. 10th September 2018 / 10:26 am

Congrats to your husband! Thanks for the motivation – I’m caught between a rock and a hard place at the moment where my job is concerned. But still don’t have that courage to take the leap of faith and just pursue my passion. Probably because I’m so comfortable in my job and it pays a good salary and comes with benefits #TriumphantTales

16. 10th September 2018 / 9:38 pm

What great teamwork there!
    So scary to pursue your dreams, but they’re certainly not going to come seek you out ! #triumphanttales

17. 14th September 2018 / 4:33 pm

Mazel Tov and congrats to your hubby! Pursuing your dream is pretty darned important! Good luck all! #TriumphantTales xox