5 Ways To Give Your Confidence A Huge Boost

5 Ways To Give Your Confidence A Huge Boost

This is a guest post

In today’s world, there is a huge level of competition to be successful, self-esteem or confidence is a must have in order to survive and move forward in your career and your life in general. Many individuals struggle with confidence on a daily basis and although they are talented and have the guts, they are still left behind. Some easy tips to give your confidence a boost are given below:

5 Ways To Give Your Confidence A Huge Boost

1.   Eliminate negative people

Negativity and negative thoughts are something which affects every one of us in a negative way. Eliminating negative persons from your life is the very basic thing and essential thing to do if you want to give your self-esteem and confidence a huge boost. This even means to get rid of your negative friends and surround yourself with positive people who make you feel amazing and happy.

2.   Initiate conversations

If you want to improve your confidence level, try to socialize with people and be open to experiences. Try to initiate conversations with people and commit to those conversations. This will help to eradicate your shyness and people will like you also thus giving your self-esteem the boost it lacks.

3.   Give compliments

Giving compliments to people and respecting them is a crucial factor which is emphasized more and more by successful and confident people. This helps you to have a better image of yourself in the mind of others and they like being around you. This will cause a massive improvement in your self-esteem.

5 Ways To Give Your Confidence A Huge Boost

4.   Develop your brain

Developing your brain is something which is very rare in people these days. Very few people invest their time in themselves to improve them and the quality of life they are having. What do u need to develop your brain? Knowledge, experiences and interactions. What you are is what your brain thinks you are. Developing your brain and acquiring more and more knowledge will greatly improve your confidence and your personality thus reforming your view of life as a general.

5.   Help others on a daily basis

Whenever you help someone, you experience that feeling of worthiness and peace for which there is no substitute. If you want to give your confidence level a boost, try to help other people on a daily basis and make a habit out of it. This will greatly enhance your self-esteem and you will notice the improvement within you as a human being.

Author Bio

Sarah Anguish is a thirtysomething-year-old northerner who now lives in Norfolk with her husband and three children.  Previously working for the NHS in various roles for 15 years before being made redundant in 2016.  She is now a work from home mum who showcases family life, home decor, travel and everything in between on her award-winning blog www.boorooandtiggertoo.com.

You Might Also Like

Previous Story
Next Story

21 Comment

1. Developing your brain is really interesting to me. My confidence has been really knocked with the start of my peri-menopause which sucked all the hormones I needed for brain clarity. I was terrified I had alzheimer’s (in my family). HRT has helped but I feel as if it is an ongoing process. Using my brain has become increasingly important to me xx

2. Reply
    Enda Sheppard
    5th June 2018 at 11:23 am

Good advise generally. But I often hear that about eliminating negative people … unfortunately I don’t think this is so easy: what do you do, tell them you don’t want to be around them? What if they are in work, or otherwise unavoidable? That would be prima donna behaviour to dismiss them. Just wondering. #TriumphantTales

3. Reply
    Tracy Albiero
    5th June 2018 at 12:42 pm

I am surrounded by negative people today. I am getting beat down. I am going to push through this and become better for it. #triumphanttales

4. Reply
    Chloe
    5th June 2018 at 1:59 pm

Oh developing your brain is an interesting concept, totally agree with giving compliments #triumphanttales

5. Reply
    This Scribbler Mum
    5th June 2018 at 2:14 pm

Great tips! Confidence is something I strive for every day as it opens up possibilities. #triumphanttales

6. Reply
    Sara @ Magical Mama Blog
    5th June 2018 at 2:57 pm

Love all of these tips! Removing negative people from your life is such a huge step forward to improving yourself. Once that terrible energy is out of your way, you have the time and space to develop your mind and go out of the way to interact with positive people. Thanks for the reminder today!

7. Reply
    Sim @ Sim's Life
    5th June 2018 at 4:05 pm

Fab posts with some super handy tips. I am totally for eliminating negative people, life is far too short. Smile, be happy and be positive 🙂 Sim x

8. Reply
    Rainbows are too beautiful
    5th June 2018 at 4:14 pm

Helping others – gives so much back! #trumphanttales

9. Reply
    Nicola
    5th June 2018 at 6:11 pm

These are great tips. My biggest tip for improving your confidence is to fake it till you make it! If you act confident then you will eventually feel it! #triumphanttales

10. Reply
    KATE
    5th June 2018 at 6:26 pm

I have always struggled with confidence so all tips welcome here. I have learned that some of these work really well and on the brain front, good thing to do anyway – use it or lose it and all that. I have 2 negative people I should really get rid of from my life but it would mean very radical family changes. Thanks for the food for thought #TriumphantTales

11. Reply
    Patrick Weseman
    5th June 2018 at 6:31 pm

We always need to keep develop your brain and our confidence. Thanks for these words. #TriumphantTales

12. Reply
    Nige
    5th June 2018 at 8:51 pm

Great tips I particularly like the elimination of negative people very important to me thanks for hosting triumphanttales

13. Reply
    chickenruby
    6th June 2018 at 6:29 am

#triumphanttales I’ve been cutting negative people from my life and it’s been rather refreshing. i’ve also been challenging people who never ask about me, but are happy to spend an hour talking at me when I’ve asked how they are

14. Reply
    Neil
    6th June 2018 at 9:38 pm

Wise words. I’ve gained confidence with age (experience?) but still fall short a lot of the time. One of the hardest things for me has always been initiating conversation. Although people have said I’m quite good at it and have never noticed an issue. I’m not so sure. #TriumphantTales

15. Reply
    Nicole - Tales from Mamaville
    7th June 2018 at 6:52 pm

Some great advice here. Confidence can make or break a situation, and can make all the difference to how we approach day-to-day situations,. Learning new skills and keeping our brains engaged is always a good thing.
    #Triumphanttales

16. Reply
    Welsh Mum Writing
    7th June 2018 at 7:52 pm

This reminds me of that whole thing about getting out of the world what you put in. If you’re positive then people will reflect that in their attitude to you, and you’ll feel a lot better about yourself.
    Remove the energy vampires from your life, set small learning or development goals to give yourself a boost, and if you want people to say nice things to you, put nice things and messages out in the world.
    Sounds fantastic. Sign me up! #TriumphantTales

(ps. You’re all wonderful).

17. Reply
    Amy - The Rolling Baby
    9th June 2018 at 11:56 am

I really like this post and these tips and ideas are fab. I particularly like the one about developing your brain. As a writer, I find I’m constantly learning due to the various topics I write about and it definitely improves my mood and well-being #triumphanttales

18. Reply
    Daydreams of a mum
    10th June 2018 at 2:45 pm

I decided last year to kind of back of from being around people who didnt make me feel good and I only really had in my life out of habit. It did me the world of good. Developing your brain as well is ,I think , an underrated quality always good to try and broaden the horizons #triumphanttales

19. Reply
    Ali Duke
    10th June 2018 at 8:41 pm

I cut a couple of negative people from my life, it hasn’t solved all my confidence issues but it has definitely helped.

20. Reply
    Jo - Pickle & Poppet
    10th June 2018 at 9:47 pm

Negative people can be so draining on you each day, and I find it snowballs quickly! #TriumphantTales

21. Reply
    Helena
    11th June 2018 at 6:50 pm

These are good tips. I think confidence can be a kind of rollercoaster at times. #TriumphantTales