My Dream Mother’s Day

MY DREAM MOTHER’S DAY

Mother’s Day comes but once a year. Whilst this will be my fifth Mother’s Day as a Mum (how on earth has THAT happened?!), I still struggle to get my head around that this is a day to celebrate me! I’ve been so used to only thinking about my lovely Mum and Mum In Law, that I forget that now I’m a Mum, I might deserve a bit of a pamper too!

In this post I’m going to plan out my dream (not necessarily realistic) Mother’s Day.

Morning

I’d wake up around 10am after a full eight hours of uninterrupted sleep. I’d be woken up to breakfast in bed consisting of a Full English breakfast with a steaming hot cup of tea.

After I’ve eaten that I would open my Mother’s Day card from my gorgeous Little Man and then enjoy my present – huge cuddles with him and of course big family snuggles including the hubby aswell. If I happen to have had some flowers (hint hint!) I would click my fingers and they would magically appear, arranged perfectly in my nicest vase.

My perfect mothers day

I’d then click those magic fingers again and I would be ready for the day. Showered, hair curled and make up applied – to perfection, obviously.

Late Morning

Because getting ready took no time at all, I now have time to go shoe shopping. I am known for my love of shoes, and I can’t think of a better way for me to spend the ‘me time’ part of the day. Whilst it’s fabulous to spend the day with my Little Man – I think a real treat is to have some ‘time off’. I never get to shoe shop anymore, so this is what I choose! If I have chosen to shop online (who doesn’t love a bit of online shopping?!), my purchases will be delivered within the hour, wrapped in a big bow!

My Dream Mother's Day

Lunchtime

It’s Mothering Sunday. So by now, I’ll have arrived (magically of course!) at the most perfect country pub and my entire family will meet. My Mum and Mother In Law included, so that we call all celebrate together. We will give gifts and share a bottle or two of wine. Preferably the fizzy kind.

My perfect mothers day

On a perfect Mother’s Day, Little Man will be amazingly well behaved and he will eat all of his dinner without having to be asked. Everybody will be happy and the food will be perfect with hardly any waiting time.

Afternoon

In the afternoon we will all go for a walk to walk off lunch in the gorgeous sunshine. Obviously the sun isn’t too hot, it’s perfect. We’ll walk by the river, the kids in the family will feed the ducks and they won’t get too close to the edge, because they’ll be doing as they’re told. Then we’ll all have an ice cream.

My perfect mothers day

Evening

By the evening, we are back home, just the three of us after a lovely drive home through the countryside. Hubby will have bathed the Little Man whilst I’ve put my feet up for half an hour and then we’ll have some more snuggles before it’s time for him to go to bed. Then when he has I will have a huge bubble bath. Once I’ve got bored of that, I will get into my snuggliest PJ’s and will settle down to watch a Rom Com with the husband, whilst sharing a bottle of Prosecco and a big bar of chocolate.

I don’t know about you, but I feel really relaxed just thinking about that.

My day isn’t unrealistic at all in reality. Okay, maybe Little Man wouldn’t really eat all of his dinner, or go the day without a bit of a whinge and there’s no way you can click your fingers and things magically happen, but all in all, it wouldn’t be impossible to have the kind of Mother’s Day I really want.

Because you see, I don’t want a day full of presents. I just want a day full of the things that are important to me. My family. I want to start and end the day with my Little Man (and my Big Man of course!) and I want everyone else in between. Because when all is said and done, without them, there would be no Mother’s Day, and that to me, is what it’s all about.

My perfect mothers day

Oh, and the shoe shopping. We can’t forget the shoe shopping…! 😉

What is your ideal Mother’s Day? Let me know in the comments.

JakiJellz

This is a collaborative post

You Might Also Like

Previous Story
Next Story

20 Comment

1. Reply
    Nige
    26th March 2017 at 1:10 pm

This sounds perfect hope it all works out happy Mother’s Day

2. Reply
    Emily
    26th March 2017 at 5:34 pm

Sounds great! My day has been pretty perfect. I woke around 8am – my girls and husband woke me up, then showered me with presents. We went to the park, played in the garden and hubby cooked a sunday dinner. Thanks for linking up to #ThatFridayLinky

3. Reply
    Laura Beresford
    28th March 2017 at 1:31 pm

I hope you had a good day! I wrote 5 things that I wanted and the only 1 I actually got was brilliantly behaved kids 🙂 #triumphanttales

4. Reply
    Karen - The Allergy Mum
    28th March 2017 at 2:08 pm

Yep, sounds pretty perfect to me! #TriumphantTales

5. Reply
    Laurie
    28th March 2017 at 3:11 pm

Such a fun thing to do, dreaming up your dream mothers day – I might plan out my dream birthday seeing as I don’t have kids yet! #TriumphantTales

6. Reply
    MomOfTwoLittleGirls
    28th March 2017 at 4:46 pm

Very sweet. Mine would be any day where I don’t have to do any of the planning or organising and the kids don’t fight with each other. I’m setting the bar quite low in the hopes I won’t be disappointed. Mother’s day in South Africa is only in May … I’ll let you know how it goes! lol

1. Reply
      MomOfTwoLittleGirls
      28th March 2017 at 4:46 pm

#triumphanttales

7. Reply
    Brittany | A Mindful Geek
    28th March 2017 at 6:17 pm

This sounds like a perfect Mothers Day. I hope to have something as half as good as this and I would be happy. I am in the States and our Mothers Day isnt for another month. BOOOO. #TriumphantTales

8. Reply
    Sam - StressyMama
    28th March 2017 at 10:13 pm

Sounds pretty perfect to me. I always forget I’m a mum and that I get to celebrate too – I’m always too busy focussing on my mum. #TriumphantTales

9. Reply
    jeremy@thirstydaddy
    29th March 2017 at 3:30 pm

Hope it all went as you hoped Jaki. Happy Mother’s Day #triumphanttales

10. Reply
    Samantha Buckley
    29th March 2017 at 6:44 pm

All sounds like bliss to me, I would be happy just with the uninterrupted sleep to be honest!

11. Reply
    Mrs Mummy Harris
    29th March 2017 at 8:01 pm

It sounds like a perfect day to me! Id agree with you but rather than shoes i’d go for books or makeup! I hope you had a lovely mothers day missus #PoCoLo & #TriumphantTales haha =p

1. Reply
      Mrs Mummy Harris
      29th March 2017 at 8:33 pm

We need to stop meeting like this! – Also from #ThatFridayLinky

1. Reply
        Jaki
        29th March 2017 at 9:09 pm

Hahahaha! xx

12. Reply
    Carly
    29th March 2017 at 9:31 pm

Sounds wonderful! Yes, I’m with you, this is my third Mother’s Day and I’m still totally in the “this is a day about my mum, nan and MIL” mode. I feel a bit awkward getting presents for me for Mother’s Day, like…oh! I qualify too! But I don’t feel like I did enough homework… 😀

See you next week!

13. Reply
    Rainbows are too beautiful
    29th March 2017 at 11:07 pm

Sounds great. We do a lot if your ‘afternoon’ love it!

14. Reply
    Janet
    31st March 2017 at 8:26 pm

Sounds great – hope you had a fantastic mothers day!

It was my 11th mothers day and I still struggle to consider it’s about me. Time flies – I have no idea how this happened!

Thanks for linking up to #AnythingGoes

15. Reply
    chickenruby
    2nd April 2017 at 10:10 pm

sounds lovely, i’d just like all my kids to visit at the same time and I’m grateful that all 5 of them remember it is mother’s day and they send a fb message #triumphanttales

16. Reply
    Mainy
    3rd April 2017 at 3:06 pm

All sounds wonderful and no more than we deserve as mums:) I love the day and now my boys are getting a bit older they really do ‘try’ and be good 😉
    Mainy
    #triumphanttales

17. Reply
    Carol Cameleon
    5th April 2017 at 2:46 pm

I had flowers, presents and cuddles from our daughter and it was perfect! #pocolo