There’s Something Good In Every Day – Wednesday Wisdom 14

Something good in every day

Last week I thought I was tired. Well. I HAD NO CLUE! I’d had a couple of nights of interrupted sleep. Well a week has gone by and every night has been the same. Little Man is less unsettled but is waking up at the crack of dawn every morning and only wanting me. The husband is still snoring producing a sound that can only be described as a foghorn and yesterday someone crashed into my parked car outside of my house. It’s safe to say it’s been a pretty shitty week.

Not only am I physically knackered I feel mentally drained. Yesterday was really hard after the accident. Of course what followed was the countless phone calls and explaining to the insurance company. Then the phone calls arranging collection of my car and delivery of my courtesy car. All of this on a serious lack of sleep. It’s understandable that I’m feeling pretty fed up.

This isn’t a pity post. It’s just worth documenting the downs that come along side the ups in life. It’s just strange how everything seems to go wrong at the same time and it feels like it will never end. But it will.

This week’s quote is a message to myself more than anything and of course to anyone that may be experiencing a crappy time at the moment.

When you fall asleep tonight, I want you to think of at least one thing that has been good today.
It might be difficult and you might think that there’s nothing, but however bad a day has been, there’s always one thing,
even if it’s a tiny thing, that has been good, and sometimes it can be helpful to remind yourself of that, as you fall asleep.

It’s as simple as that. I’ve tried to do this every night and I find that it does make falling asleep that little bit easier.

Here’s hoping next week I’m reporting a complete 360° in events. Fingers crossed.

Wednesday Wisdom Quote Series

2nd February 2017 / 4:30 pm

It is. If you thought of all the negative it would grind you down! 🙂

2nd February 2017 / 8:51 pm

Definitely. It can’t stay crappy forever! 😄 x

2nd February 2017 / 4:29 pm

I hope it worked! 🙂

1. 1st February 2017 / 9:31 pm

Sounds like you’re having a really crappy time of it. It’s times like this when focusing on the positives, however small, is most important. Love the quote. Hope things improve this week x
    #CandidCuddles
    Alana – Burnished Chaos recently posted…Monthly Bucket List – February 2017My Profile

2nd February 2017 / 4:29 pm

Me too! It does feel like everything has gone wrong at the same time. It can only get better. X

2. 3rd February 2017 / 8:51 pm

Things do tend to go wrong at once. Focusing on what’s good is such a great idea & I really believe that it’s that kind of thinking that changes those things going wrong streaks into things going right. There is always something to be grateful for when we think about it. It’s lovely to have you join us for #candidcuddles xx
    Becky, Cuddle Fairy recently posted…We can meditate everywhere, anytime with this One Simple StepMy Profile

3rd February 2017 / 9:22 pm

Thanks lovely. I certainly feel like I’ve had my fair share over the last couple of weeks. It can only get better 🙂 xx

3. 4th February 2017 / 8:04 am

This is just perfect! Love these posts they’d make a great linky! I’m going to send this to a friend that’s having a rough time cos it’s so important to focus on those positives. Have a great weekend lovely xx

5th February 2017 / 5:17 pm