Hopes And Wishes For 2017

Hopes & Wishes For 2017

Ooh another tag post. I can’t get enough of these lately. Once again a big thank you to the lovely Laura at Wafflemama for tagging me in Hopes And Wishes For 2017.

Personal Wishes

• I would love to lose a little bit of weight. I say this every year and every year I lose a little then gain a little and the pattern continues. It would be nice to get it off and keep it off. If only chips ceased to exist! Actually no, that’s just ridiculous…
  • To continue to stay organisedΒ around the house – it’s still going well. Long may it continue.
  • To try and find more time for myself. Away from the blog and the housework. Time for music and books. Proper downtime.
  • I want to achieve the best results possible in my new role at work managing social media. It’s a dream role that I’m so chuffed to have. I want to really do well.
  • I hope to try and be less stressed. I stress easy and worry about little things for no reason. Things that are out of my control. I’m certainly better than I used to be, hopefully this will continue in the right direction.
  • I hope that I can stop being late everywhere. This would be a big achievement!

JakiJellz Personal Hopes And Wishes

Blog Wishes

• Ideally I want my page views to increase and my stats to continue to rise. I know it is something that we as bloggers shouldn’t obsess over but we all do (go on, admit it!). I’m not going to put a figure on it as I don’t want to end up disappointed but a steady rise would be nice.
  • I want to increase my social media following. It’s gone crazy over the last year and in the last nine months I have seen an increase in over 2000 Twitter followers alone. I just want it to keep going!
  • To up my Instagram game. I’ve recently decided to post all my pictures in black and white. I take a much better picture in black and white and I think it’s working. I’m getting much more interaction. But I need to spend more time on it too. I just need to find the time!
  • I hope my new Guest Blogger Series goes great guns. I’ve had a great response so far so I’m keeping everything crossed!
  • I would love to get involved in a linky. I’m co-hosting one in a few months time and if I like it, it’s something I may consider doing on my own. But that’s a big job and I need to make sure I have the time to commit to it. However I would definitely consider partnering up with someone else should the opportunity arise.
  • I am working hard on increasing my DA and really want it to pay off. Fingers crossed!

JakiJellz Guest Blogger Series

Family Wishes

• I am hoping Little Man continues to blossom into the clever little individual he is. He’s grown so much in the last year and his intelligence never ceases to amaze me.
  • I hope that also his behaviour settles down a bit. He can be quite a character at times and loves to give his Dad and I some cheek. I know it’s an age thing and he will likely grow out of it (I hope!) but at the moment he can be quite testing!
  • I hope that Little Man does amazing when he starts school in September. I hope he copes with it better than I will. We better leave it there. I can’t think about it too much!!
  • I hope that my husband achieves the goals he has set himself at the gym. He’s been working super hard lately and it’s great to see him getting so much enjoyment out of it.
  • I hope that we have as many fabulous days out as we can as a family and make lots of memories. We have a holiday to the Isle Of Wight to look forward to in June so I am already excited about that.
  • I’m on a mission this year to save as much money as possible, just so that we can have it there for a rainy day. So we can not panic if the car needs repairing, or if an unexpected bill comes in and so I can be ready for Christmas when it arrives. (I know, I know it’s only just been and gone but I told you I was trying to be organised!!)
  • I hope that my Little Man doesn’t take up sleep walking like he has just done as I’m sat writing this post! I did it when I was his age and apparently it’s hereditary! Not good!
  • I wish for all of my family to stay in good health. This is my biggest wish of all.

How parenting will change your life

Family Hopes And Wishes

Hopes And Wishes

I hope that the world becomes a better place for us to bring our kids up in – because let’s face it, it’s not very nice at the moment! I hope there are far less celebrity deaths this year, last year I almost became too frightened to look at the news. I hope that Donald Trump has his comeuppance, what an awful man he is. I hope Teresa May doesn’t screw up this country anymore than it already is and I hope that I don’t ever get too interested in politics because clearly that won’t help with my ‘less stress’ wish that I have already mentioned!!

On a more serious note, I just wish to be happy and content. I think that’s all any of us want. If things stay just as they are, then that’s not so bad. We’re doing pretty damn good.

I tag any of you that would like to give this a go, if you haven’t already and if you want to leave me some comments with your wishes, I’d love to read them.

1. 20th January 2017 / 4:17 pm

I think it’s great that you have such an imaginative list of all the lovely things you want to achieve this year and a brilliant insight into you as a person. It’s funny that you have mentioned having more time out as that is the topic of my blog that I have just added to the #ThatFridayLinky too!

21st January 2017 / 4:38 pm

Ah wow I will stop by and have a read. I really hope i find the time to do that every now and again. Even if it’s just to recharge the batteries! Thanks for reading πŸ™‚

2. 20th January 2017 / 4:50 pm

What a wonderful post <3 πŸ™‚ Happy New Year, and all the best!

#PoCoLo

21st January 2017 / 4:36 pm

3. 20th January 2017 / 6:58 pm

Gorgeous wishes, and I hope that all of them come true for you! One of my hopes for this year is to save money too, we don’t have any savings which sends me into a panic, but I want to try to put away anything I earn through my blog and have a little nest egg incase of emergencies! Good luck! #PoCoLo
    five little doves recently posted…10 ways I am #Rocking MotherhoodMy Profile

21st January 2017 / 4:36 pm

Thank you. And I hope you manage to achieve yours too. Thanks so much. X

21st January 2017 / 4:24 pm

Ah thank you. X

21st January 2017 / 4:24 pm

Thank you. Fingers crossed we can both achieve it. X

4. Nige
    22nd January 2017 / 11:18 am

A lovely post and I hope everything is good to you in 2017 I think you said it all at the end just to be happy with life is great Thanks for linking to the #THAT FRIDAY LINKY come back next week please

23rd January 2017 / 12:20 am

Sure will and thanks for the nice comment.

5. 23rd January 2017 / 8:19 pm

You have a long list of wishes but all of them seem achieveable! (well apart from the politics side as we’re all doomed)
    I keep an eye of my stats, but as long as they overall increase then I have no worries. I try not to focus too much on them but just keep track every week or so.
    we seem to be in similar places with how we want to progress with our Blog, having both started a guest series recently and looking to potentially host a linky! I have a day in mind that I think could work as there isnt too much on that day but still is a day with some traffic, I just dont know what theme to go with! maybe it will come to me in time. I’d be happy to host with you on a linky if you wanted to down the line?
    Keep up the brilliant work! #fortheloveofBLOG

24th January 2017 / 5:22 pm

That sounds like a brilliant idea – I’d be really up for that! We should have a chat about it. I’ll drop you an email to discuss ideas if you like? X

6. 24th January 2017 / 9:38 am

May 2017 be the year all your ‘Hopes and Wishes’ come through. This really is a fantastic list. The sleepwalking really struck a chord with me, as my eldest did this for years, she’s grown out of it now thankfully, but it was super freaky waking up to a child standing by the bedside. Eeek! #DreamTeam
    Lisa recently posted…Warming UpMy Profile

24th January 2017 / 5:17 pm

Haha. I used to do it when I was little so I was kind of expecting it to be honest! Thanks so much for your lovely comment πŸ™‚ x

7. 25th January 2017 / 5:33 pm

Happy 2017! I hope all your wishes happen for you. You ahve some really great things on this list and most of them seem achievable! Good luck to you!
    #bestandworst

26th January 2017 / 10:42 pm

Ah thanks so much. Much appreciated.

26th January 2017 / 10:44 pm

Me too! And for you too of course xx

8. 25th January 2017 / 9:46 pm

Its such a good idea to write down all of your goals. I try to write 6 monthly ones as I find I forget about them otherwise. Good luck with yours, there are loads of fab ones! Here’s to a fabulous 2017 for you and yours. #fortheloveofBLOG
    A MUM TRACK MIND recently posted…Making Money From Home – Guest PostMy Profile

26th January 2017 / 10:45 pm

Thanks lovely and you too! 😘 x

9. 26th January 2017 / 3:25 pm

I love these lists. This is the first year I’ve decided to make some goals so we’ll see what a difference it makes! I’m with you on the worrying, I seem to make the same resolution every year. >_< Thanks for linking up to #MarvMondays. Kaye xo

26th January 2017 / 10:48 pm

Sounds like you’re as good at cracking that one as me then?! I guess there are somethings that we just can change. It makes us who we are. And it’s not a bad thing to do. It just shows we care πŸ™‚ x

26th January 2017 / 10:48 pm

Thanks Steph πŸ™‚

10. 27th January 2017 / 8:05 pm

I think that there are many things in your list that would fit well on my own list. I am not trying to set goals this year but just focus on my family and enjoy it! β€ͺThank you for linking up to the #familyfunlinky‬
    Karen TwoTinyHands recently posted…Winter Sun Fun #FamilyFunLinkyMy Profile

29th January 2017 / 10:44 am

That’s a perfect goal in itself πŸ™‚

11. 28th January 2017 / 8:53 pm

I loved reading your wishes! I love your family wishes especially the one about your family being healthy, That’s so important!

This is quite a large list, but I really think they are achievable for you – good luck, you can do it!

πŸ™‚

Thanks for linking up with #AnythingGoes
    Janet recently posted…A Library of my OwnMy Profile

29th January 2017 / 10:37 am

I did think that. I struggled at first but then they just seemed to come from nowhere! I guess I want more than I first thought πŸ™‚

12. 2nd February 2017 / 11:05 pm

Hey sweets I hope all of these come true for you and more! I’m sure they will πŸ™‚ happy to look into co hosting the FriYAY Linky if you were interested, though I have no idea how it works so I’d have to find out first πŸ˜‰ xx
    Laura Wilson recently posted…Photography >> Project 365 – Waiting For SpringMy Profile

3rd February 2017 / 9:33 pm

Ah that sounds like a fab idea! Only if you don’t mind sharing it. Currently looking into one with someone else but this wouldn’t be too much on top. Let me know πŸ™‚ xx and thank you xx

5th February 2017 / 5:13 pm

My pleasure. I’m dreading September, I don’t know about you! πŸ™‚ xx

13. 21st February 2017 / 9:49 pm

What a lovely tag! I like that it involves both blog and life goals. I remember when LP started school, it was both terrifying and exciting. πŸ˜‰ Thanks for linking to #pocolo
    (Sorry for the epicly late comment)
    Morgan Prince recently posted…Not done changingMy Profile